east coast deer hunting

-

vtmopar

Reaction score
Hey looking for a new area to deer hunt in.
Was thinking PA or delaware.
Deer hunting in vermont is just about a waste of time.
Anyone willing to help me find maybe a farmer looking for somone to hunt on their land?
It would be for next year.
thanks.

I've hunted Pa. now over 25 years on private land. The days of the farmer letting You hunt there land is a thing of the past. Most land owners now lease there land to hunting clubs for economic reasons ( it pays there taxes ) I hunt in the North East part of the State near the New York line. Pa. does lease land from property owners that are open to everyone. The hunting on State game lands is very good. Most residents hunt there own land, and out of state guys hunt private land for the most part. Pa. has millions of acres of land open to anyone. You would need to pick an area You would like to hunt and odds are there will be thousands of acres to hunt. Go to www.pgc.state.pa.us and look up state game lands and it will show You where the land is. I've also hunted in New York state on several occasions both northern and southern zones. If I didn't have My own place and hunting buddy's in Pa. I'd hunt N.Y. state in a heart beat. N.Y. state like Pa. has millions of acres of state land in the northern zone (Adirondacks) and a longer hunting season. I used to hunt Vermont over 30 years ago My Dad has a place up near Rutland. Between the tree huggers from N.Y. city buying up and posting the land and years of mismanagement of the state game dept. the hunting sucks up there and don't blame You for wanting to move on. By the way Pa. is also loaded with bear. Next Monday the deer and bear rifle season opens up in My area i have tags for both. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck hunting to everyone.

vtmopar check out My hunting clubs website (sunrisefarmsrodandgunclub) We have about 50,000 acres of private land in N.E. Pa. and southern N.Y. some of the best hunting You will find. Pa. also does have an antler restriction 6 points or better. My hunting group started this long before the pgc did now we are shooting big bucks.

Thanks for all the replies
I have the first week of December off to muzzleload here but maybe I go over to ny
I only live about an hour and half from platsburgh
Thanks.
I am interested in that hunting club I will look into that for next year

-
Back