Easter engine disaster

-

dragnknights

Reaction score
I just came home from being out of town for Easter (Happy Easter everyone who reads this) and I decided to blow the dust off of my 70' and take it for a spin. I wound it up to about 6 grand in 1st, and 6 grand in 2nd. After that, I rolled off the gas and costed to about 50mph. Once I got back on the gas to accelerate normally It started running like garbage. It would idle fine, but the second I gave it a little gas it would start to sound like it was missing real bad (no backfiring through intake, or exhaust), but it sorta seemed like it would start to clean up around 3,000 rpm or so. Below are some specs on my car. Please let me know what you guys' think. Thanks FABO! Oh, and if you're reading this Crackedback, I know I owe you a phone call, but I've been outta town, and didn't want to call on Easter.

70' Dart
77 360cui
Ede 750 carb
Performer RPM intake
Flame Thrower ignition module
10:1 Compression
.505 lift cam

Bent pushrod(s)? Try to locate if it's one cylinder or a few.

No problem on the call. I have the engine out of the Dart and my Infiniti is about 5" shorter too...

Dragnknights is is making any bad noises or just running bad? If it's not making any bad noises and idles good you may have sucked up a piece of trash in a jet. I had that happen once on a car I just bought because the last guy took out the fuel filter and left it out. Cleaned the carb and installed a fuel filter it was fine. That'll generally cause it to hesitate upon acceleration also.

-
Back