Eastwood Diamond Clear

-

SABLT194

Reaction score
About 10 years ago Eastwood sold a Diamond Clear product in a little yellow 8 oz can. This stuff was amazing when brushed on bead blasted aluminum parts. It was very thin and had a distinct odor when applying, and dried without runs. But, it didn't change the color, or texture of bead blasted parts, and it sealed up the surfaces so that dirt, oil, and grease cleans right off. I have a resto mod that is 12 years old, and all of the bead blasted parts still look like they just came out of the blaster. Eastwood has since discontinued this product and replaced it with something with a similar name, but it's nowhere near the same stuff IMO. All of the new "Diamond Clears" weather it be Eastwood or KBS do not have the same characteristics is this stuff did. Current products seem like thicker coatings.

Anybody out there have a clue what happened to the good ol Eastwood Extreme Diamond Clear in the little yellow cans??

Regards,
Steve

About 10 years ago Eastwood sold a Diamond Clear product in a little yellow 8 oz can. This stuff was amazing when brushed on bead blasted aluminum parts. It was very thin and had a distinct odor when applying, and dried without runs. But, it didn't change the color, or texture of bead blasted parts, and it sealed up the surfaces so that dirt, oil, and grease cleans right off. I have a resto mod that is 12 years old, and all of the bead blasted parts still look like they just came out of the blaster. Eastwood has since discontinued this product and replaced it with something with a similar name, but it's nowhere near the same stuff IMO. All of the new "Diamond Clears" weather it be Eastwood or KBS do not have the same characteristics is this stuff did. Current products seem like thicker coatings.

Anybody out there have a clue what happened to the good ol Eastwood Extreme Diamond Clear in the little yellow cans??

Regards,
Steve

Sounds like the E P A got into it !

I used quite a bit of the diamond clear on my last build and didn’t realize they stopped making it. I’m sure it’s an environmental issue. Disappointing news.

-
Back