eastwood paint any good?

-

35regal

Reaction score
looking for a good quality paint without going broke, not to sound like a cheap a_ _ ,but i have a budget that MY WIFE GAVE ME TO GET THE CAR PAINTED, and as you know its higher than origanaly estimated. the guy thats doing the body work and is going to paint my 67 cuda says its like 600.00 just for paint materials wich is a 2 step paint, i found paint on ebay that eastwood sells and its like 1/2 that price with clear coat, and reducers.has any one used eastwood paint products? any help would be great thanks.

You get what you pay for with paint products. You will be looking at closer to 1k with PPG paints or similar. I have used some of Eastwood's products with good results but not the automotive finishes. A good paint job can be had with a lot of prep, that is 99% of a good paint job.

$600 for paint and materials is cheap. When I did my Dart the color alone was $800 a gallon. Clear runs about $150 for a gallon set up.

I got my first paint job done for $300 I prepped it they sprayed it with a color they had on hand.

The Dart cost me around 2K in materials and thats only because I was working at the body shop then.

Same here, when I did my Mustang I took it to the shop I used to work at who is also my Uncle... he charged me $800 for all the paint and materials and booth rental.... lucky I always have that option.

i just sprayed a 48 international with the summit paints and was very impressed with the finish and how easy it sprayed out( im'm not a painter by anymeans) now how well it will hold up? that i cant say i will tell you i will use it again. i used there single stage urethane
on it. and with paint and primer we spent about 400.00 (2 gallons of each)and have about a 1/2 gallon of each left. now if it was my car i would have put even more paint on and cleared it too. from what i have read the summit paint is made by kirker?

i just sprayed a 48 international with the summit paints and was very impressed with the finish and how easy it sprayed out( im'm not a painter by anymeans) now how well it will hold up? that i cant say i will tell you i will use it again. i used there single stage urethane
on it. and with paint and primer we spent about 400.00 (2 gallons of each)and have about a 1/2 gallon of each left. now if it was my car i would have put even more paint on and cleared it too. from what i have read the summit paint is made by kirker?

Hey man, long time no speak... how is the other car coming along??

Eastwood doesn't make paint. They buy someone else's crap paint, slap the Eastwood name on it and jack up the price.

Go to a real paint supplier.

-
Back