Ebay Hemi Scoop

-
I will post some pics of mine later today. I trimmed off the lip around it and then used a scroll to conform it to the hood. A little sanding and it looks great.

I will post some pics of mine later today. I trimmed off the lip around it and then used a scroll to conform it to the hood. A little sanding and it looks great.

good idea! did you just use the attached mounting tabs or did you glass it onto the hood?

well i got it in the mail today! i kinda have mixed feelings... my eye is telling me that it isn't tall enough and the mounting plates are way to high in the mold...
but other than that i love it! the out side is super smooth, great gel coat. slightly different design on the top and edges but looks good!

well decide for your selfs...

Attachments

• 101_4043.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 101_4045.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 101_4047.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 101_4048.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 101_4049.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 180
more pics... kinda hard to see but those tabs are about 1/4" away...

Attachments

• 101_4051.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 101_4054.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 101_4053.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 181
I have been trying to post pics. Not exactly sure how to post them. When I cut the lip off of mine, it brought the tabs right down to the hood. I am going to glass the edges and it should look great. When I am able to get pics up, you will see that I have also braced the front. It looks great.

I need some help....How do I get pics up on this forum?

I have been trying to post pics. Not exactly sure how to post them. When I cut the lip off of mine, it brought the tabs right down to the hood. I am going to glass the edges and it should look great. When I am able to get pics up, you will see that I have also braced the front. It looks great.

I need some help....How do I get pics up on this forum?

good idea on cutting the lip... i want a glass hood first but next thing

posting pics!

when you post and you start typing there are two rows of icons at the top, above where you type.
on the top row on the left side of the undo buttons there is a paperclip, click on that and it will say upload photos! there ya go!

YOU said it .. you get what you pay for. This stuff here compares to Unlimited's ,,,, just ask around.

i really would have went with Glasstek's lift off hood and scoop but i couldn't swing 180 for the scoop and 300 for the hood...

180 for a scoop ? ...and 3 hun for a hood ? ... WOW ...I do not understand how prices like this have gone so out-of-wack ....

YOU said it .. you get what you pay for. This stuff here compares to Unlimited's ,,,, just ask around.

I know what your saying, I'm not arguing. It's the same stuff as Unlimited. I'm just saying not everyone can afford the good stuff.

I restored this guys Dart and he bought this hood right from MAS, I had to do a little work to it before it was ready for paint, but the guy didn't care, cuz he knew what he was buying and the price was right.

I've had guys buy the spendy stuff, and I still have to do work to em' before their ready for paint.

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 149
I know what your saying, I'm not arguing. It's the same stuff as Unlimited. I'm just saying not everyone can afford the good stuff.

I restored this guys Dart and he bought this hood right from MAS, I had to do a little work to it before it was ready for paint, but the guy didn't care, cuz he knew what he was buying and the price was right.

I've had guys buy the spendy stuff, and I still have to do work to em' before their ready for paint.

we always do mud and primer/wetsanding to the hoods/scoops

-
Back