Ebay -love it ,hate it

-
Ive had MOSTLY good luck on ebay. I have gotten ripped off a couple of times, but its not ebay's fault. I have gotten ripped off buying things from people on the internet when it wasnt ebay also. Its all a roll of the dice most of the time. Glad to hear that the guy made good with you. Those are the kinds of sellers that make ebay a great place to bid!

One thing that I have noticed through their email system is that alot of things don't go thru. It's best to get the other persons e-mail with the first sign of problems. This cuts thru the ones that get lost thru ebay. I had some that came thru 2 weeks late.

340mopar said:
BrianT,
Not true, you can send another member a message. I just did it last week.

Chuck

You go to one of the guy's auctions and click ask seller a question.

Now let me give you the other side of the story from a sellers point. I've been a member and selling on Ebay since 1999. I have worked very hard to maintain my 100% positive feedback rating because in the end a good rating will usually be the difference between someone buying an item or not. I have refunded money for third members LOST by Fedex, and had to wait 6 months to get my money out of them. I have refunded money on aset of gears damaged by USPS. I have paid 600.00 to have a set of alluninum heads repaired from being droped by UPS and damaging them. Now this morning when I was checking my feedback, low a behold I have a negative feedback. This from a set of gears I sold Feb 23 2007! Guy said in his feedback that "gear was suppose to be a 5.13 but were 4.56" HE NEVER ATEMPTED TO CONTACT ME,I would have gladly refunded his money with shipping. I wrote him and asked why didn't he contact me, over the last 90 days. His reply was ,he didn't use the gears for a while and when he did he discovered they were 4.56 and figured there was no way I was going to refund his money, So he decided to leave a negative feedback! Now there goes my 100% feedback for a stupid reason like this. There is IDIOTS on both sides of ebay buyers and sellers.

So far i have a 100% positive feedback. I try to maintain that and if someone bids on something and wins I give them my phone#. They could never tell me My packaging sucks, I work in the shipping/recieving dept. I have endless supply of bubblewrap!!!! Though I will admit, It is so damn hard not to pop some of them LOL. I had sent a grill for a fury to someone, He called me when he recieved and first thing he asked me was if I worked in a shipping dept, I said yea, why? He said he could've dropped it out of a airplane and it still wouldn't have been damaged. Sucks that there are alot of scammers out there

-
Back