Ebay -love it ,hate it

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
A little over a week ago I won a Mopar antenna on Ebay,... supposed to be from a 69 Roadrunner, everybody`s seen the kind that has a round bezel with notches in it. The antenna arrived and it`s a Ford antenna, it`s written all over it. The guy who sold it to me is trying to convince me that it`s a Mopar antenna. I tried to tell him that even if it came off a 69 Roadrunner, that doesn`t make it a Mopar antenna. He`s trying to say that he`s checked Mopar forums and believes it`s the right antenna for the car. It`s not even the same antenna pictured in the auction! This guy believes I just fell off the turnip truck, Jeez! I plan on sending it back to him, and I like for him to pay the return shipping and send me the correct antenna or refund my money. Sometimes Ebay is more problems than it`s worth when you have sellers like this! The top picture is the auction picture and the lower pictures are the Ford antenna, not even the same item.

mopar antenna 69 rr.jpg

IM000175 (Small).JPG

IM000174 (Small).JPG

Yeah it is hit or miss, must inspect a persosn feedback before buying, and even then it can be a crap shoot. there is always a first tiem for someone to go retarded.

recently had problems with a console that I bought, and was not sure I was goign to end up receiving it after paying. Sellers who do not communicate or give out tracking info, but then put demans on you for timely payment "Or else!" peeve me to no end.

Take the time to tell him good and then do it again the next day.
Yep that one looks like it came of a 67 fairlain.
Sorry to here that you had to spend the time and money on a ferd part

The irksome thing is, instead of just admitting he screwed up and sent me the wrong antenna , he`s trying to convince me that Mopar sent cars from the factory with Ford antennas on them. Now I have to carry this thing to the P.O. and pay shipping to return it. He`s hasn`t mentioned paying for that.

That is ridiculous. I've accidentally sent the wrong item to a guy, or even to two guys before. It can happen when you sell more than one thing at a time. I just paid to have the two guys send each other the stuff they ordered. It all worked out. What the hell is wrong with people? THAT antenna guy is on crack.

This really isn't ebay's fault, I have a feeling this dork would have sent you the wrong antenna know matter who he used to list it.

I would also like to know his ebay ID so I can send him a message that he is dead wrong on the ford attennas on Mopars.

Chuck

I gotta say that I have bought about 25 things from Ebay, and I have had mostly good experiences. Some things were broke on arrival, some things were wrong, but the sellers have all made it right. I choose my auctions carefully, cause there are a lot of scammers!

340mopar said:
I would also like to know his ebay ID so I can send him a message that he is dead wrong on the ford attennas on Mopars.

Ebay won't let you contact another member unless you are involved in bidding with them, I recently found out. It prevents members from making deals outside of Ebay and cutting them out.

I recently bought a CD off of Ebay and when it showed up, it was a four song CD sampler. I contact the seller and told him that is not what he advertised and threatened to contact Ebay. He credited my Paypal account for the full amount the next day!

I've had only good luck with E-bay....so far. One fella did refuse to sell to me because I'm Canadian.(at least he sent my money back).
If you want to publish his ID, I'm sure we will all support you John.

I just sent the antenna back today and I`m going to wait to see if he makes things right......that means sending me the proper part as well as paying for the return shipping. If he does, it`s all good and if not ,then I`ll post his Ebay ID with the auction and all of the emails he sent me. How do you get so many good #`s by listing one part, shipping another ,and then try to convince the buyer that he`s received the proper part. A 69 Roadrunner leaving the factory with a Ford antenna, man this guy must think everybody is an idiot! He`s got 344 feedback points and a 99.4% positive rating, I don`t know what he`s thinking? On the flip side Ebay has also been a constant and reliable source for many items that I`ve needed while restoring the B`cuda and for that I have to say I`m glad they`re around.

Some people cannot admit mistakes and you've found one. He knows he is wrong but he will deny that until the day he dies.

Post up his Ebay ID so we can stay away from him. If enough people know about this tool then they'll think twice before buying from him. It's along the same lines as Layson's.... we know how poor their customer service is and if possible, we try to buy parts elsewhere.

This guy did send me the antenna pictured in his auction. I had to send him the Ford antenna back and he didn`t pay for the return shipping. I`ve emailed him 4 times now and he will not respond to any emails and obviously has no intention of paying for the return shipping. I`m ready to leave feedback for this guy and (I don`t want to but) it`s going to be negative because I just can`t find anything good about the transaction. I`m a little apprehensive though because if I blast this guy, he`s liable to leave negative feedback for me in spite. What do I do?

Longgone said:
This guy did send me the antenna pictured in his auction. I had to send him the Ford antenna back and he didn`t pay for the return shipping. I`ve emailed him 4 times now and he will not respond to any emails and obviously has no intention of paying for the return shipping. I`m ready to leave feedback for this guy and (I don`t want to but) it`s going to be negative because I just can`t find anything good about the transaction. I`m a little apprehensive though because if I blast this guy, he`s liable to leave negative feedback for me in spite. What do I do?

just leave neutral feedback with no comment. if he blasts you then you can respond with negative comments

I'll guarantee you if you leave a bad feedback for him, he'll leave a bad one for you. Some bad Ebay sellers do this so they can do a mutual bad feedback withdrawal with you later. You can check his feedback and see if he's done that before. The feedback % you see doesn't reflect this. You have 3 months from selling date to leave feedback. Wait until the last minutes of this time to leave a negative if the guy tries to screw you. Another smart thing when buying items is to use PayPal, then you can cancel payment if item isn't as described or not sent. Go to Ebay Motors forum on Ebay and you'll get tons of info on how to protect yourself and what not to do when buying or selling on Ebay. You can also ask questions there and Ebay savvy members will help you out. Mike

i just got used pistons for 50 shipped, they are the trw forged 318 .030 over.. hopefully i dont get screwed over. seems legit to me.

i get parts from ebay all the time. If you contact him and send him the two pictures you posted here, he'd realize he is at fault. i used to have an old ford, and it had that exact antenna on it.

if he doesn't do it, you can report to ebay - they're way on the ball.

Hard to believe he wouln't pay the shipping AND apologize! What's a few bucks when it is the RIGHT thing to do.

Yes you'll get a negative in return, and his will still be in the 90% bracket. So if it makes you feel better, then do the negitive. Or Complain to ebay! I think you have a legit gripe...persue it?

You may still get a neg, but then you can dispute that too with ebay.

or just let it all ride?

Yikes, Ebay must be flooded with thousands of gripes per second :)

F&J said:
Hard to believe he wouln't pay the shipping AND apologize! What's a few bucks when it is the RIGHT thing to do.

Yes you'll get a negative in return, and his will still be in the 90% bracket. So if it makes you feel better, then do the negitive. Or Complain to ebay! I think you have a legit gripe...persue it?

You may still get a neg, but then you can dispute that too with ebay.

or just let it all ride?

Yikes, Ebay must be flooded with thousands of gripes per second :)

Exactly a few bucks and the right thing!!! The cost of returning the piece was just under $7.00 which wasn`t the big deal as much as the apathy on the sellers part. He did charge me $12.00 for initial shipping and sent the thing (poorly packaged)in a box that looked like it had been around the world twice. This guy deserves a huge negative, but judging by what I know about him now, he`s just the sort of prick that won`t admit his faults or do anything to make it right. If I give him his just deserved negative feedback he`ll only give me a negative. I`m trying to think of what he could give me a negative for, but with a guy like that there doesn`t have to be a reason. I think I`ll take it up with Paypal.

I am both a buyer and a seller on Ebay and they have helped greatly in my restoration projects. Having said that - not all the sellers are quality ones and some are down right dishonest! You are obviously PO'ed at the way you have been treated by this guy. I would give him one last chance to refund the shipping costs that was paid due to his mistake. Then I would leave Negative Feedback no matter what! If he leaves negative also, then I would respond to it and let the chips fall where they may. If you paid by Paypal you can also open a dispute with them. Additionally, if you paid using a credit card you can open a dispute through your credit card company. Once the seller finds that it may end up costing him more in "Charge back" fees - he may be a little more agreeable to refunding your shipping costs. Good Luck!

I thought I`d ask Paypal what I could do ,and before I got an answer from them the seller contacted me. The story was that a former employee had taken care of my transaction as well as over 20 others that were similar to mine. That`s why the employee is a FORMER employee. The seller refunded my return shipping (and threw in a little extra to boot),so I`m very satisfied. I left him a favorable feedback. I use Ebay quite a bit to find the rare parts for my car and have been satisfied for 98% of the transactions. It`s a shame that there are the occasional idiots that screw it up for the rest of the good dealers out there. This one ,after a bit of a scare ,turned out okay.

Glad to hear he made it right, and a little for your time etc.. Iv'e had good luck selling and buying on there myself. The only problem that wasn't actually a problem was I had sold a set of chrome adjustable coilovers. In shipping by air one of the shock seals blew out, and leaked. He flew off the handle and wanted to keep the shocks etc..and wanted his money back. I told him I'd take them back and refund the $$ and shipping costs after I received them back. He wound up telling me he could get it rebuilt for $20, and that he'd split the cost. So I sent him back $15, just to make him happy and me not worry about the B.S. Still wound up with a positive feedback.

64dartwagon said:
Glad to hear he made it right, and a little for your time etc.. Iv'e had good luck selling and buying on there myself. The only problem that wasn't actually a problem was I had sold a set of chrome adjustable coilovers. In shipping by air one of the shock seals blew out, and leaked. He flew off the handle and wanted to keep the shocks etc..and wanted his money back. I told him I'd take them back and refund the $$ and shipping costs after I received them back. He wound up telling me he could get it rebuilt for $20, and that he'd split the cost. So I sent him back $15, just to make him happy and me not worry about the B.S. Still wound up with a positive feedback.

I once sold a tail light to a guy who was unhappy when he received it. He said he had to polish the lens. I told him send it back and I will refund all of his money including shipping both ways. He didn`t want to do that saying he had already polished the lens but he would settle for me refunding his shipping. This was a lens I`d paid $80.00 for and he`d bought it for the opening bid of $25.00. Shipping was about 12 dollars. I again told him to send it back and I would refund all of the money he`d spent, but I wouldn`t refund only his shipping. He told me that if I wanted to have a favorable feedback from him I would return his shipping fee. Sounded like extortion through bad feedback to me !I`d already lost my *** on the sale! He opened a grievance or whatever they`re called for "item not as described." Again I told him to return the light and I would fully refund him. He said he wouldn`t return the light until I refunded him. I refunded all of his money, thinking I was doing the RIGHT thing. Do you know ,to this day that the creep NEVER sent the tail light back. I contacted Paypal and they said that he told them he was returning it on a certain date. He lied through his teeth, never did return the item. Rip -off artist! That`s another brand of people you`ll find on Ebay.

I sold a quarter window from a Duster, if I remember right it only sold for about $20.00. It was in perfect condition. I shipped it, insured. I left the buyer positive feedback because he had paid so quickly. He then emails to tell me it arrived broken, I had shipped it poorly, and then says it didn't matter because he only needed the latch. I started the whole process with the USPS insurance, and let him know what he needed to do to get his money back. I never heard from him again, until he left neutral feedback that I had shipped a glass item carelessly and that I didn't respond to emails. Who knows exactly what happened, but the lack of communication is a result of not dealing face to face with people.

I also shipped the other quarter window at the same time, same exact packing materials and boxes, and received positive feedback about the good packaging!

Overall, I've had great luck buying and selling on eBay. I've bought a lot of things I didn't need, and sold a few things I should have kept. :lol:

Sherry

-
Back