EBAY rant

-
If something comes up that you don't like, simply redo the search with a - prefixed to the word that spams your search.

Like 1964 plymouth brakes -pads. That works really well.

I avoid " " because not everyone words things exactly.

This is also why it helps a lot to search by category, rather than the search bar, because your keywords could completely miss an auction that may be of interest to you, listed in the same category.

One good example of that would be a search for Mopar four speed, vs 833 4 spd. or A833 manual.

If you use the search bar, be as vague as you can with words and use a - on keyword hits you don't like, redo the search and you will come up with the most accurate results.

Hope this helps.

I've been using Amazon for some things, the prices on Ebay have gone crazy.

I agree 100%
eBay is going to hell in a handbag now a days !
Ever since John Donohue has taken over eBay its just no fun for anyone anymore .. Buyer Or Especially Seller !
I gave up on eBay BS & their every 3 month rule changes totally after 2010 !
The company Will go down in history as the biggest company to fail that never sold anything but YOUR stuff !
RIP Ebay !

I very seldom use E-Bay anymore for the above stated reasons but still check in looking for the occasional deal.I did buy 4 pristine arm rest bases and correct color pads for half the price of anything I have found here or any where else, for my Dart but that is the exception rather than the rule.My Wife and I used to make a good third income on E-Bay before they screwed it up.

My wife grossed over $12,000 via ebay selling her one of a kind dolls.

Sure, she pays a relatively high percentage in fees and again to paypal. but there is no way in hell she could have done those numbers using other methods. Simply no way.

When you get into those numbers, paying more taxes and fees is kind of one of those "not too terrible of a problem to have" kinda deals.

She does use multiple outlets including alternate online sources, brick and mortar consignments, and conventions.

I bought my Motor Wheel Spyders via ebay.

Try finding those locally. I also paid about 2/3 the going price.

Sometimes it's not the right tool for the job, sometimes it is.

just think of it like a big a$$ swap meet. The prices may vary a lot. Some are reality based, some are guesses cause guys don't know the value and don't want to give it away. If you go to a swap meet YOU need to know what you are looking for. You may look at hundreds of parts to find the one you want. How many times have you been told face-to-face that a part is good, or will fit your application, only to find an issue later. It's up to you to know what you are buying. As far as doing the searches, they will continue to change to whatever ebay thinks generates more sales. Unfortunately, what works well as a search for most stuff is not ideal for car parts. You decide if you want to sit at the computer or use the phone, drive the miles, wait for a swap meet etc. Personally I'd rather go to a swap meet or salvage yard, but reality is I buy more online because I usually find things quicker that way.

-
Back