ECS "Personal" Web Hosting Package

-

MB43

Reaction score
Elite Computing Services (me, basically) is offering a "personal" web hosting package:

Domain Name registration
250 MB Disk Space
500 MB Bandwidth per month
25 E-Mail Accounts
2 MySQL databases
FTP Access
Front Page Extensions

All of this for just $3.95 per month ($47.40 per year), plus a $12.95 start-up fee (for domain name registration).

To put that into perspective, this site, which has a lot of traffic, uses about 200 MB of disk space, and uses about 10,000 MB of bandwidth per month.

For a personal "vanity" type site that doesn't see the amount of traffic that a message forums does, the amounts in this package are more than enough.

E-mail [email protected] if you're interested.

Hey Mikel,

Looks like my question got you thinking. That is way more than the average Joe would need. And a good price too.

Now you got me thinking. LOL

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
Hey Mikel,

Looks like my question got you thinking. That is way more than the average Joe would need. And a good price too.

Now you got me thinking. LOL

Jack

Yep... I was thinking about that before you PM'd me, but your question pushed me to actually do it.

mikelbeck said:
To put that into perspective, this site, which has a lot of traffic, uses about 200 MB of disk space, and uses about 10,000 MB of bandwidth per month.

Do we really use that much Bandwidth a month ? :shock:

How much are we allowed ?

fastbackcuda said:
mikelbeck said:

Do we really use that much Bandwidth a month ? :shock:

How much are we allowed ?

This site uses close to 9 GB per month, I've allocated 10 GB just in case. I've got some extra laying around in case we start to get close to that.

Count me in. I have the name registered already but my site subscription just ran out! :mrgreen:

Cuda66 said:
Count me in. I have the name registered already but my site subscription just ran out! :mrgreen:

I got your e-mail about this. Check your inbox!

Thanks for setting me up! :salut: I have a page uploaded to the site & got it working! a pretty pittiful start but it'll get there! :D

Cuda66 said:
Thanks for setting me up! :salut: I have a page uploaded to the site & got it working! a pretty pittiful start but it'll get there! :D

No problem! Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Anybody else interested?

Definitly interested Mikel. I have been very busy the last few days. Our son and wife were visiting from the Ottawa area and we don't get to see them to much.

One question I had though was, What is available to help a dumbass like me to set up a web page? I don't know how to program html.

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
Definitly interested Mikel. I have been very busy the last few days. Our son and wife were visiting from the Ottawa area and we don't get to see them to much.

One question I had though was, What is available to help a dumbass like me to set up a web page? I don't know how to program html.

Jack

Well, I can help some, but you should maybe look into some of the free tools that are available for building web pages.

Or, if you can lay your hands on a copy of Microsoft Front Page, it'd be real easy. I'm sure there are freeware packages that are similar, but I'm not all that familar with them.

ALso I will build a page for you that will be easy to update and keep current.

It's a hell of a deal! Great price & where else can you get Personal service? I have the main part of my site set up now. Thanks Mikel!

www.MunnDesign.com

I only have one set of plans on it right now. I have to go throught the long process of setting up each plan to post it on the site. The site work is the easy part.

The sites looking good. How the houses are set up. I'll take mine in 2500 sq.ft

Adam,you read my mind! :shock:
For this crowd he could probably make more money designing garages instead of houses! :D

Xanth said:
ALso I will build a page for you that will be easy to update and keep current.

So there you have it. I'll host the sites, Xanth can do all the design. You'll have to work out the details with him, of course. ;-)

fastbackcuda said:
The sites looking good. How the houses are set up. I'll take mine in 2500 sq.ft

Got those too! I have designs up too 8,500 sq. ft. (just posted one at 7,500 sq.ft. ) And garages too!!! Of course I can design anything you can dream up! and I'm sure you can dream. I will get my dream garage posted soon. :D

-
Back