eddy carb and eddy intake combo spacer??

-

22Duster

Reaction score
motor 318 .60 over
360 heads that are shaved
hooker headers
cam 470/504
Intake perfomer port polished to match heads
carb 600cfm eddy
dual timing chain
electronic ignition

Well thats what I am working with not sure if I need a spacer or if anything, all new to me first mopar motor build. Just looking for suggestions

You'll get more stepping up to a better manifold. I don't thing you really need a spacer, but if you do, go tapered.

I know I could of upgrade but money slim then, still should feel like a huge difference than the slant six I took out.

Hahah worlds of difference. What's the rest of the drivetrain? If you really wanted to do a spacer you could go four hole and get an eddy one for like $30. I'm not partial about putting open spacers on dual planes.

Is the intake a spread bore? If so you would need an adapter plate to put a square bore carb on it.

So for the rest of the drivetrain a 904 with tf 2 and a stock converter but I did build a 489 2.94 suregrip rear for it that I will put in soon. Not sure what to run for tires yet definitely need to fill that space up.

Still learning though ,so many combinations that will work but all I want for now is loud and to be able to smoke the tires, just didn't have that with the slant six. And whats the point of a mopar if it cant do that.

904 and a 8 3/4 are a good way to go. Has the 904 been rebuilt though? Honestly though, if you are putting in this much effort to swap the engine, put a trans kit in and a beefy rearend, you are really killing it with that manifold. You could probably get a used square bore dual plane for a decent price off here or Craigslist.

I know now, but again still learning combos. I think what I will do is try it out see how she runs then find a new one. What would you go with instead of the perfomer series? I was thinking about a demon carb I have heard alot of good things about them but intakes I keep hearing air gap. But I still couldn't pass the deal on the carb and intake was only 200 both new in boxes of Craigslist.

Personally I like the carb since it's very street-able. If you're looking for something you can tune more and get more power out of, a holley street avenger or double pumper would do nicely. As for manifolds, everyone and their uncle has an air gap. Don't get me wrong, they are a great manifold, but sometimes I question if some of the hype just comes from being popular. Weiand stealth is a good one with great runner size, also the performer rpm isn't half bad

-
Back