Edelbrock 1406 Parts?

-

Pete in NH

Reaction score
Hi,

Does any one know of a source for Edelbrock 1406 parts? I need a new secondary throttle shaft. I tried Edelbrock's tech. support number, but hit a brick wall when it kept asking for a PIN number. So much for customer service when they hide behind an automated system.

I've looked on line pretty extensively but haven't found anything beyond rebuild kits and the usual parts, floats, jets, etc.

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply. That was my plan B, I just thought I'd ask if anyone knew of a parts source first.

i have 2 of them both with electric chokes both came off running engines with no issues let me know if your interested

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind. Hopefully, I can find a shaft or a parts carb. that has already been robbed of a few parts. It seems a shame to turn a complete carb. that could be rebuilt into a parts unit. But, if it come to that, that's what I'll have to do. My 69 Barracuda is a long way from running so, I have time to look around for parts.

(Not to tick anyone off but...)
Carter clones,
I'd imagine a carter shaft would be the same (?)
(IMO they're Cheap "throw-away" carbs (Eddy's) that are more expensive to completely rebuild than buy new, plus they don't hold any resale value, had 1 complete/functional 1406 carb a couple months ago, I couldn't even get $50 out of it and gave it to a friend.
Getting a complete parts carb should be cheap and easy, probably cheaper than buying a new shaft...(heck, parts carb may be in better nick than your current carb(?))
2 cents
(Yes I'm a holley guy lol (demon, BG, quick fuel, etc)

-
Back