[WANTED] Edelbrock 1720 mechanical fuel pump

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a rebuild kit from Mancini. I have those pumps used but conditions unknown. They worked when removed but I would rebuild them. I may have one in the box new from Mopar Performance. They are very hard to find right now but the kits are available.

How about a rebuild kit from Mancini. I have those pumps used but conditions unknown. They worked when removed but I would rebuild them. I may have one in the box new from Mopar Performance. They are very hard to find right now but the kits are available.
The problem that I have is the threads are gone from the 3/8 NPT fuel outlet.
The pump was functioning fine.
Yep all are on back order.
I would be interested in your new pump if you would like to sell it.
The application is a 1969 LA 340

You can fix the threads. Either buy an NPT helicoil or take the body to a machine shop and have them bore and press in a plug then drill and re-tap. Might even be able to epoxy closed then tap.

McMaster-Carr

this is what is here. Three used pumps and one new carter but from years ago. I can sell you a used pump with a good body to fix yours.

100_0181.JPG

100_0182.JPG

100_0183.JPG

I had issues with my Edelbrock pump too. I don't think they tap it deep enough.
dano you hit the nail on the head.
I was able to run a tap deeper in the outlet and cut some new threads.
Job over I think I saved the pump we'll find out when I get the engine back in the car.
Thanks to all that responded, next time I wont panic so quickly. LOL

Last edited:
dano you hit the nail on the head.
I was able to run a tap deeper in the outlet and cut some new threads.
Job over I think I saved the pump well fing out when I get the engine back in the car.
Thanks to all that responded, next time I wont panic so quickly. LOL

I used some Permitex fuel safe thread sealer too. I have anodized aluminum AN fittings and the first one galled on me so I re-tapped and added the Permitex. Glad to hear you got it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back