Edelbrock 2691 TQ adaptor?

-

valentek

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had one of the Edelbrock 2691 adaptors, if so here are a few questions.

The adaptor looks like it bolts down to the intake using the outside holes and the inner holes are used for mounting the Thermoquad.

My main question is, do the studs for the TQ thread into the adaptor, or is it like the other adaptors that use a captive bolt from underneath. The other possible way is that the TQ studs would pass through the adaptor and use a manifolds inner pattern holes.

I will be using this on my Ramcharger and my intake only has the wide format holes, no inner pattern. This is why I am asking the questions.

I've looked at a ton of pictures and can't tell.

Thanks,
valentek

Just wanted to update this if anyone else is looking for or wondering about this part.

I called Edelbrock today and they said that the studs for the TQ do thread into the adaptor. This one also gives you the extra meat on the back that the TQ needs to seal. So I ordered one and should have it later this week, if anything changes I will update the post.

I thought this would be good info if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

Well I got the adaptor today and it is not what the Edelbrock guy said it was.

The studs use a captive nut underneath and the only difference between the Mr Gasket (less expensive) adaptor and the Edlebrock is the gasket for the TQ side. It is thick and will/does cover the rear bottom of the carb.

So if you are thinking of getting an adaptor to mount a TQ or other spreadbore to a squarebore manifold. Save some money and go with a cheaper one, just get a good gasket and maybe some longer studs or bolts as needed.

I am going to use this adaptor, because it was mail order and would be a pain to return. Plus the money to ship it back would be a wash with getting the Mr Gasket one.

-
Back