Edelbrock/4150 Holley knock off!,,,,,,,?,,,,,,$,,?????

-
Where did I say it was a good thing?

Ok, by inferring Holley is behind you are suggesting that a divorced emulsion system is better that a single emulsion/ MAB system.

I have tuned a couple of carbs with 5 emulsion (my personal carb has 5 emulsion bleeds) bleeds and some of them have the top two bleeds fully above fuel level.

My metering blocks have the top bleed is right at fuel level and the other 4 are under fuel level.

I can’t say (at the moment but I’m hoping by next spring I can give a more definitive answer) what the benefit of two bleeds above fuel level is, or what the benefit of divorcing the top 2 bleeds and giving it its own MAB.

That’s why I asked. I see no benefit.

You are talking about emulsion bleeds now. Different function to an air bleed. The emulsion bleed [ s ] above the fuel level is to bleed off some of the signal. That bleeding off could also be done my increasing the size of the MAB. Not sure of the reason for both/either method.
I would say anytime you introduce more air [ more AB ] into the fuel, you emulsify it into a finer mixture of air + fuel; you will then get two benefits: easier to control this mixture via the emulsion bleeds & better combustion of the A/F.

You are talking about emulsion bleeds now. Different function to an air bleed. The emulsion bleed [ s ] above the fuel level is to bleed off some of the signal. That bleeding off could also be done my increasing the size of the MAB. Not sure of the reason for both/either method.
I would say anytime you introduce more air [ more AB ] into the fuel, you emulsify it into a finer mixture of air + fuel; you will then get two benefits: easier to control this mixture via the emulsion bleeds & better combustion of the A/F.

Yeah, I was talking about emulsion because from what we can see there is a MAB for the top two emulsion bleeds and another one for the other three.

Now, that may not be correct because all we’ve seen is pictures and a video, but that’s what it appears to be.

Maybe I need to watch the video again to see if I missed something.

Has anyone truly done some meaningful dyno testing with these? Or are they just a hand around click bait item at the moment?
I've seen one video with a bunch of annoying teenage girls doing the camera work, and it's a punish to watch..they should stick to TikTok..

Why people think emulsion is some kind of performance improvement is unbelievable.

Guess marketing trumps science.

Last edited:
Has anyone truly done some meaningful dyno testing with these? Or are they just a hand around click bait item at the moment?
I've seen one video with a bunch of annoying teenage girls doing the camera work, and it's a punish to watch..they should stick to TikTok..

AFAIK, these are the first carbs released to the public. If there has been any testing I haven’t seen it. I know I’d like to get my hands on one.

Yup test mules to see if the market will support there carbs
Yes that is the question.

I think there is only a hand full of these carb in existence right now.

There was a time when I probably would have “had to have one”.

I’m past that point these days....... and have a decent stash/variety of carbs sitting on the shelf already.

That said....... it would be interesting to do a comparo on the dyno with one.

Why people think emulsion is some kind of performance improvement is unbelievable.

I have to agree with this. It’s chic to run as much emulsion as the metering blocks allow. And you can see it on an A/F graph.

-
Back