Edelbrock carb I.D.

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am heading to the net to see if I can find a site to let me make sure this is a 600 cfm carb, It was gave to me for helping my son and a home owner wire his house correctly and at and above code and a list of how much wire and materials needed :cheers:

Thank you Creed and Joey :thumrigh: I was glad to help watch over yall while the two of you ran wires and hung the meter base and breaker box
Well here is a gift from them for my RV 318 in my 1985 2 wheel drive Ram Wagon build, ramcharger
If I find a site I will jump back here and post it, But if our tec's have any idea jump in and share your knowledge :cheers:

This base plate was on it when they gave it to me and it don't seem like the right one for this intake ?

Attachments

• Creed's Rod 020.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Creed's Rod 023.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Creed's Rod 024.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 217
  • Creed's Rod 026.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 181
  • Creed's Rod 027.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 212
Yep....it is a 600 cfm carb !!

Thank you yellwdartdave :cheers:
After a close look ate the adapter plate closer it should not have been used on this carb, he had it on a ford of some kind so I removed it and looks like I should not run a base plate, Just a gasket is in my to do list to pick up to match the intake..and trash this gasket and get the correct one :glasses7:

He said he only used this carb to get a truck home that was about 130 miles away and drained and boxed it back up.
Looks like a perfect match to my Edelbrock 2176 2104 intake

Thank you Jonny Dart and Leanna :cheers: Johnny gifted me the intake all the way from California and Leanna gifted the powder Coating :blob:

meike is get's spoilt rotten here yellowdartdave :thumrigh:

Attachments

• Creed's Rod 028.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Car%2520pics%2520006.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 182
Edelbrock says you should run the steel plate when using that carb on a Performer manifold.

Jegs has them for 6 bucks - #555-1542

Or you can use the Edelbrock # 2732

It really does help with the heat soak, as well as spreading the sealing load.

Go ahead & mount the carb without it if you need to, but pick one up as soon as you can.

B.

I think it would run better and get better fuel mileage with a nice Thermoquad on it, but that is just me.

Tiny primaries for low speed smoothness and mileage
Huge secondaries for sucking in the hood.

I think it would run better and get better fuel mileage with a nice Thermoquad on it, but that is just me.

Tiny primaries for low speed smoothness and mileage
Huge secondaries for sucking in the hood.

:thumrigh: Got to use what I have set in front of me and run what I brung :thumrigh:

Edelbrock says you should run the steel plate when using that carb on a Performer manifold.

Go ahead & mount the carb without it if you need to, but pick one up as soon as you can.

B.
Will do :cheers: Thank you so much

B.

That's what I was gonna say.

I have that exact same set up on my car. (even the adapter plate ) Flip the adapter plate over. Every thing will line up better.

I have that exact same set up on my car. (even the adapter plate ) Flip the adapter plate over. Every thing will line up better.
That is what I shall do :cheers: Loos like a trip to NAPA for a pair of gasket's for the carb and a intake gasket kit :thumrigh:
+ Indian head sealant
+ some gray High heat RTV and get this intake and carb on

Thank you all for jumping in and keeping me straight :glasses7:

-
Back