Edelbrock EPS 800 with Paxton SN2000

-

saapbaad

mopar or no car
Reaction score
I imported a Duster with a 340 and a Paxton SN2000 last year, the previous owner seems to have cut a few corners that I keep coming across as I work on this thing so before I actually drive this guy around I want to ensure everything is in check.

I have an Edelbrock EPS 800 series carb, manual choke (part# 8867 1412) and I want to verify that it is in fact ready for boost. I'm coming from EFI so I don't know how to verify if it's a carb that can handle positive pressure from the factory, or if some mods need to be made that I should go over before going any further - any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Just an update:

I opened up the carb and there was no nitrophyl floats, the throttle shafts weren't sealed, normal jetting/metering and no vent tube mods so it's safe to say this carb needs to be modded.

I purchased all the corresponding parts that I figure I'll need using this great thread as a reference: http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/c...elbrock-afb-blow-thru-modifications-pics-vid/

I'll start a build log soon as I'm also adding a set of new supporting mods to run this Paxton and ultimately move to a turbo setup.

I don't no much about edlbrock carbs but I've doing a ton of research on the Holley blowthrough so ask a ton of questions there's Alot of knowledgeable folks on this forum
Keep us posted

I don't no much about edlbrock carbs but I've doing a ton of research on the Holley blowthrough so ask a ton of questions there's Alot of knowledgeable folks on this forum
Keep us posted
Will do.

Holley seems to be the goto when modding a drawthru carb for blowthru, I'll probably give holley a go on my second shot.

-
Back