Edelbrock Magnum Heads

-

Orangepeel

Reaction score
Has anyone else had trouble with the provided rocker studs being to short that come with the Edelbrock Magnum heads?

I haven't myself. The Edelbrock hardware was nice,on my LA shaft based heads. 1st: a bump. 2nd more information about your combination, & pictures never hurt.

Im in the process of building a mild 360 magnum. Im using Edelbrock Magnum heads, Comp 1.6 pro magnum rockers and a cam Comp cut for me. Yesterday I got heads on and got all setup to check valvetrain geometry on #1. I started with a pushrod length of 6.950 since its what Edelbrock trys to sell you so I thought it would be a good starting point...... A No. The rockers are scrubbing from one side to the other and im only getting .540 lift at the valve. Lobe lift is .361 which I verified while degreeing cam so im looking for around .577 at the valve. So longer the pushrod goes... Well pushrod is now at 7.450 and lift is up to .580 at the valve. There's only two or three threads of stud still showing so the 3/8 setup is getting ditched for some 7/16 studs and rockers.

Was that Comp Cam specs,and with what ratio.? I just went through this,with a Magnum build.

Two or three threads showing on the rocker arm pivot?

Im in the process of building a mild 360 magnum. Im using Edelbrock Magnum heads, Comp 1.6 pro magnum rockers and a cam Comp cut for me. Yesterday I got heads on and got all setup to check valvetrain geometry on #1. I started with a pushrod length of 6.950 since its what Edelbrock trys to sell you so I thought it would be a good starting point...... A No. The rockers are scrubbing from one side to the other and im only getting .540 lift at the valve. Lobe lift is .361 which I verified while degreeing cam so im looking for around .577 at the valve. So longer the pushrod goes... Well pushrod is now at 7.450 and lift is up to .580 at the valve. There's only two or three threads of stud still showing so the 3/8 setup is getting ditched for some 7/16 studs and rockers.

Take a Sharpie,draw a line across the valve tip(West/East). Take a photo,and send a response. I ended up ,using lash caps .spot on. Do the Sharpie,run the sweep. It's worth,the time.(Magnum myself,different sent up. ,stud mounted rockers,need tuning).......

-
Back