Edelbrock or T-Quad

-
the choke pull off also has to be good for the secondary air door to work correctly.

the best choice would be Holley 8), lol thats my favorite but I would run a thermoquad over an edelbrock. There is more fine tuning you can do with a thermoquad......the people that say they are junk don't know how to tune them.

I have had both.I had an eddie thunder 650 with auto choke on my 83 diplomat cop car. It was down on power and sucking major gas so I rejetted the mains 3 steps smaller.Still was a pig but not as bad.

The TQ kicked the eddies *** both in power and mileage. I could pull down a steady 20 mpg with the 2:94 gears and the sound of the tq opening up was awesome!

gota love those small primaries and monster secondaries

Yes,but ya gotta learn how to tune em,and there's a fair amount. There are sveral steps rquired just for the air door.

And I never had a need for numbered bits until i owned a tq,lol!!

ive had a few as well....like i said im not saying they are junk,just not my first choice.the main problems ive had have been float related,stalling on braking ,flooding,cut out on cornering,and idle passage issues ,etc.some people may have had nothing but good results with them and bad results with tqs or holleys.run what you like,they all do the job when working correctly. myself , i like the eddy less than the others.

Hmmmm.... seems like most of the problems on here are due to overcarbureting. Read the Edelbrock website and manuals. Even running a 600 on mild 318 is too much. It's recommended for 350 c.i and up. So for mopar stock/mild 340's and below, I would suggest a 500cfm. I'm running a 500 with mine (model 1404) and it's prefect, really.

Hmmmm.... seems like most of the problems on here are due to overcarbureting. Read the Edelbrock website and manuals. Even running a 600 on mild 318 is too much. It's recommended for 350 c.i and up. So for mopar stock/mild 340's and below, I would suggest a 500cfm. I'm running a 500 with mine (model 1404) and it's prefect, really.
interesting.....so 340s must have been over carburated from the factoy lol.considering the carter they came with was like a 600 cfm rating,not to mention the the TQ they came with in 71, or the 6 pack option.but run what you like.im sure the 500 works fine on your set up,but id be losing alot of power if i put it on mine.

different engines react differently to different carburation.....more or less how you tune the carb. I believe appropriate jetting/settings are more important than how much CFM a carb is rated at. Even Hot Rod magazine did an article awhile back that pointed that out. It is possible to run a bigger carb without issues, just make sure you jet accordingly.

-
Back