Edelbrock RPM air gap (#7576) on a 318?

-

qwk dust

Reaction score
My nephew and I are building a '74 Duster with a 318. We are going to go with the KB 167 pistons and 302 casting heads to get the compression up. I have been researching intake manifolds and have always liked the RPM air gap manifold performance. I think the rpm range will match what we plan with our final combination. I see on the Edelbrock web site that the #7576 manifold it says it works on 318s with 340/360 heads. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/m-new2/chrysler/rpm_air_gap-sb.shtml
I really wanted to use the 302 heads to keep compression up and had planned on increasing the valve size to 1.88 1.60. I also planned on doing some porting to both the intake and exhaust ports. Gasket match to exhaust and try to match the intake. My question is....can the 302 heads intake ports be matched to the RPM air gaps without going too extreme? I don't want a turbulence lip going from the manifold to the heads and I don't want to have to get too wild with the porting. I searched the archives and couldn't find a direct answer. Thanks

You are very limited to 318 port sized intakes anyway. I'd go with some mild porting on the 302s and run an airgap if it were my engine.

I have a 360 with 302 heads, 1.88-160 valves and ports opened up to 360. Your good to go !

Thanks for the quick replies. That is what I thought but I wanted to make sure before deciding on that combo.

-
Back