Edelbrock step-up spring specs

-

12many

Reaction score
I've got a Street Demon 750 carb with step-up springs for the metering rods, the tuning kit comes with blue, yellow, orange, and silver (3"-4"-5"-8"hg) springs, and the carb comes with green (6"hg) but they don't offer 7"hg!!! And guess what? I need 7"hg''s. Seems Edelbrock AFB style carb offers pink 7"hg, and the color id's and hg are the same for both brands, was wondering if someone with the Edelbrock tuning kit could provide the measurements of the various springs to see if they are the same, especially the pink ones. Thx

Last edited:
I feel your pain, 2 years and not one answer! LOL..
When I started my thread on having two street demons I had a couple people said that they've had one (never two) and like them, but really getting technical advice on them isn't easy. And as I search the internet one person wrote calling the Holley tech line was like having an ashtray on a motorcycle LOL.. I found them to be nice and helpful when they can but they have no resources as well...
I've been using my Edelbrock Springs for my Street Demon for tuning.. when you buy the Edelbrock Springs it does seem to have that one that you're missing... They're about $9 a pack compared to the $27 a pack for the street demon Springs. And the other night I seen that Summit makes their own pack for about six or seven dollars maybe even 5.... they also make metering rods for about half price as well for Edelbrock...

The only way to "measure" a very small/light spring like that is with a very accurate spring rate gauge. I have no idea where you'd find one. You can measure the wire size, number of coils, and free length, but you'll find there is not much rhyme or reason as to how that data relates to the inches of Hg numbers. I tried that a long time ago due to the fact that the "color" on a lot of those Edelbrock springs is either missing, worn off, or faded. Even sometimes poorly colored when new.

The only way to "measure" a very small/light spring like that is with a very accurate spring rate gauge. I have no idea where you'd find one. You can measure the wire size, number of coils, and free length, but you'll find there is not much rhyme or reason as to how that data relates to the inches of Hg numbers. I tried that a long time ago due to the fact that the "color" on a lot of those Edelbrock springs is either missing, worn off, or faded. Even sometimes poorly colored when new.
The blue and the silver are the same length and they are at opposite ends of the scale they almost look identical besides the color.
you can ask Holley and they don't know about Edelbrock Springs and you can ask Edelbrock and they don't know about Holley Springs. Even though Holley has completely copied the Edelbrock Carter theory and primary operation as well as the Edelbrock accelerator pump is exactly the same in the Holley Street Demon....
I personally again have been using the Edelbrock Springs that I've already had from my Edelbrock carburetors. I just can't bring myself to spend $27 on a pack of Springs that Summit sells for 6...

Screenshot_20200323-094954.png
Screenshot_20200323-094924.png

-
Back