Edelbrock STR 12 prices

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Man, those things are friggin' expensive! Guys are fiending for them.

Yes, I bid on one the other night with what I thought I might get it for but was outbid by SEVERAL hundred dollars.

There's actually two on the 'bay right now - one is $1,800 and still going and one is for sale in the store section for $2,350. Holy crap! I guess these two sellers saw what the other one went for and said the same thing: KA- CHING! Hey, if you wanna play, you gotta pay.

Though I think it's a dead issue, Edelbrock would really do very well to produce a limited run for these things, I'm sure they'd be scooped up right away. Don't think it's gonna happen though.

This was brought up in another thread some months ago. Myself & another Board member contacted Edelbrock about reproducing them. apparently the other memebr was told that if the factory got something like 50 orders they's consider it. I E-mailed the head Tech buy & comitted to 3 & advised others to do the same. You might want to try that. Yours may just be the one to push them into production.

I know what your saying. Been watching them for some time as i'm doing a max wedge build and was interested in a 14 as the 12 is the small block. They were running $1750- $2500 and that is bare. No carbs and no linkage. One of our members posted a site that had a 14 on it complete with carbs and linkage and was a great price. I STOLE it. On it's way from california. Good luck. It's best to have cash in hand.

This was brought up in another thread some months ago. Myself & another Board member contacted Edelbrock about reproducing them. apparently the other memebr was told that if the factory got something like 50 orders they's consider it. I E-mailed the head Tech buy & comitted to 3 & advised others to do the same. You might want to try that. Yours may just be the one to push them into production.

A while back I sent an email to Edelbrock's sales dept. saying exactly that but of course never heard back from them.

Perhaps there could be a sticky set up on the board here as sort of a petition. We could show it to Edelbrock saying hey, we have over x amount of guys interested in these manifolds, how 'bout it?. Just a thought.

Anyone giving any consideration as to what they might charge? I've got to figure it has to be LESS than market on an original. Otherwise we would all be paying the current price......whatever that is

To be honest, I just don't think this is going to happen. This has been discussed for a long time and not just on this forum. I have talked to a few folks from Edelbrock over the years and they tell individuals that inquire about them that they need to get an order (as in prepaid) for x amount before they consider casting them again just to appease them. They know that will never happen even with a short run (ex. 50 units).

If it came down to it, remember, they may up the minimum number of units (perhaps 100 - perhaps more). In the end, I don't think they see it as worthwhile venture (especially now with our economy looking the way it does) because they know that only a handful of people are actually going to step up when it is time to kerplunk xx amount of dollars down and then wait however long it takes to get 50, 100, so on orders before they even consider tooling up. They know that the majority of hobbyists talk a pretty mean game.

Who wants to be the first to send them $500 (or whatever the number may be) and wait for the next 49 or 99 people to do the same? They know what they are doing by telling people that a minimum # of prepaid orders have to come in before they consider making them again. I guess it's better than just saying no because it gives people hope and they don't want to give people a definitive no.

Sorry to be a downer but unless Edelbrock decides to bank roll it or some private party with deep pockets steps up and makes the purchase, I think we are just either going to have to dream about them or pay the secondary market prices.

But that's my point. People need to know what that "X#$'s" is. Then they may well be ready to plunk down the cash for one or two..or more. I have no "need" for one, but IF I knew there was gona be a run of (say) 50 at $500 each, I would probably buy two and flip one so the one I kept was free.

Hey....this is America. It's the Free Enterprise system:-D

We tried it a number of times. They no longer have the molds for the intake and will not make them again.

There's an AMC Edelbrock STR 11 on Ebay right now with a starting bid of $2,900 and a BIN price of $3,150.

That would be one quick Gremlin.

Just saw that a real nice Edelbrock STR 12 go for under $1,300 on the 'Bay. Price was around $1K for a while, I thought it would go for well over 17-1800. Perhaps prices are down a little on these things.

No longer looking for one myself though just keeping up with the Jonses.

-
Back