Not open for further replies.

340man

Well Known Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Contact seller
Hey Guys I am looking for a Edelbrock STR 14 Staggered Cross Ram top plate. I have a question I was at Carlisle looking last weekend and talked to many mopar guys about this. I was told the Edelbrock STR 14 Cross Ram intake manifold base and top plate are different from the other plates and will not work with the other base or with the other tops plates. Is this true, could someone help me in this matter. Thanks again...

Hey Guys I am looking for a Edelbrock STR 14 Staggered Cross Ram top plate. I have a question I was at Carlisle looking last weekend and talked to many mopar guys about this. I was told the Edelbrock STR 14 Cross Ram intake manifold base and top plate are different from the other plates and will not work with the other base or with the other tops plates. Is this true, could someone help me in this matter. Thanks again...
I was told this was true by several different folks. Unfortunately I do not which one interchanges with what.

Mopar Issued Bath Tub Regular Carburetor Hole Top | eBay

original str14 w/2-4bbls, later str14 6 pac
manifold was straightened out in the middle to fit the 3-2 set-up

str14.jpg

str14-6.jpg

No I haven't, but a friend had one back in the early 80's and he liked it. Said it made a lot more in the mid RPM range. It was a 6 pack

Thank you everyone who has given information on the STR-14 cross Ram intake and top plate.
I do have another question concerning the STR-14 Cross Ram. What size carbs were used on the this type of set-up? Any info would be great... Thanks again,340man

I haven't found any concrete info on any combos past or present. What I've pieced together from what I did find is that the intake does not like a huge cam and smallish carbs. Take it for whatever it's worth... My combo is a 500" stroker 10:1ish, mild flat tappet hydraulic cam, 3500 stall 727, w/ 4:30 geared 8 3/4. I'm going to try out factory stock spec'd 650 dp's w/ 50cc accelerator pumps on the primaries. Square bowl carbs would be easier to fit and fiddle with but what the hell fun would that be? 660 center squirters are probably a good carb to try but I haven't got my hands on a pair yet. I'm running a weiand team g and a Quick Fuel 1050 now so surely I'll be going backwards performancewise but who cares if I can get the thing to run well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back