There goes the neighborhood!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Gents,

Copy/Pasting from the FBBO forum.
This is probably a longshot but I'm looking for a crossram top for an Edelbrock STR14 to go on my 440. I have the base already.

Example of the one I'm looking for is below. Thanks in advance

Crossram.jpg

So, a couple things. Are you sure it's a STR-14 and not an STR-14-6? They look very very similar, but the tops don't interchange. I have an STR-14-6 (top and bottom), that I had a machine shop make me an STR-14 top for. It wasn't cheap, but they did it right. I gave them both the STR-14-6 bottom and a spare STR-14 top I had at the time. I think a second one, tweaked to accommodate the STR-14 you need would not be nearly as bad. The thickness of the main part of the plate is 7/8th's of an inch, and where it goes up under the carb spaces is a total of 1.25 inches. I'm attaching 3 photos of the end product and a picture of the one in my 69 Dart - before it backfired. I can call the shop and get a rough general price for you. If it sounds doable to you, I'll take my top off my Dart and bring it to them and they can modify the drawing before machining it on the CNC. If you are not interested, maybe you'd like to sell it?

P1010494.JPG

P1010493.JPG

P1010492.JPG

MOPARS  SUMMER 2015 002.JPG

So, a couple things. Are you sure it's a STR-14 and not an STR-14-6? They look very very similar, but the tops don't interchange. I have an STR-14-6 (top and bottom), that I had a machine shop make me an STR-14 top for. It wasn't cheap, but they did it right. I gave them both the STR-14-6 bottom and a spare STR-14 top I had at the time. I think a second one, tweaked to accommodate the STR-14 you need would not be nearly as bad. The thickness of the main part of the plate is 7/8th's of an inch, and where it goes up under the carb spaces is a total of 1.25 inches. I'm attaching 3 photos of the end product and a picture of the one in my 69 Dart - before it backfired. I can call the shop and get a rough general price for you. If it sounds doable to you, I'll take my top off my Dart and bring it to them and they can modify the drawing before machining it on the CNC. If you are not interested, maybe you'd like to sell it?

View attachment 1716107662

View attachment 1716107663

View attachment 1716107664

View attachment 1716107665

Interesting. I wasn't aware there were differences in the STR-14 base.

I have the STR-14-6 currently with the 6 pack top on it. I also have STR-14-45 top for a single carb. All fit the base I have. I just don't have the crossram top.

At this point, if having a crossram top made is my only option, then I'm happy to look into it.

Thank you for the Intel. Let me know the next step. Feel free to PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back