Edelbrock Universal EFI Sump Fuel On Holley sniper Efi

-

gilby

Reaction score

I purchased a 71 Chevelle with a 454 bored to 468 with Holley sniper efi. It has the Holley spark and hyper spark ignition. Still need to determine distributer type.

The car cruises well and starts up great except it feels like it is dumping to much fuel after it warms up and you try to restart as you can see the mat,f in red once warm. It seems to run strong when it’s in the red though. The problem is that it has an issue with cutting out under heavy acceleration. I’m curious if it has something to do with the fuel sump and not having an electric fuel pump in tank. The sump runs through the mechanical fuel pump on side of engine. I have a gauge on side of Holley sniper efi and it reads good after starting but curious if it’s not getting enough fuel under load. Has anyone had this issue or know much about Eldebrock fuel sump on Holley sniper efi?

IMG_3396.jpeg

IMG_3554.png

I will tell you what I purchased for my Studebaker. It has a 4.3L and a blow thru supercharger. I have a Sniper and a Aeromotive Phantom 340 fuel pump system. This is an in-tank system. I bought a new OEM tank and have the pump and exit lines at the tank hooked up. There are a couple inline filters. This is very similar to the Holley stuff suggested by Holley. I also have the Hyperspark distributor and ignition system for the Sniper which allows you to control timing instead of going thru a separate system. All of this is plug and play. The distributor for you BBC is 565-300. I plan on using the same system of the '69 Valiant I just bought. Hope this helps.

I purchased a 71 Chevelle with a 454 bored to 468 with Holley sniper efi. It has the Holley spark and hyper spark ignition. Still need to determine distributer type.

The car cruises well and starts up great except it feels like it is dumping to much fuel after it warms up and you try to restart as you can see the mat,f in red once warm. It seems to run strong when it’s in the red though. The problem is that it has an issue with cutting out under heavy acceleration. I’m curious if it has something to do with the fuel sump and not having an electric fuel pump in tank. The sump runs through the mechanical fuel pump on side of engine. I have a gauge on side of Holley sniper efi and it reads good after starting but curious if it’s not getting enough fuel under load. Has anyone had this issue or know much about Eldebrock fuel sump on Holley sniper efi?

-
Back