Edit a listing that is more than two weeks old.

-

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
Is there a way for FABO to allow the original thread creator to be able to edit his or her listing longer than two weeks? Could it be possible to keep the edit button available until the thread is closed by the original member who created it? For example I have these NOS emblems and name plates listed for sale right now, I have sold a few of them. The ones that I sold within the first two weeks I was able to go back in and edit them to mark them sold so anyone who brings up the ad can see that those ones are no longer available right off the bat, the ones that I sold after the two week period I can no longer edit to mark them sold. Even though I have entered at the bottom of the thread that they were sold, the other day I was contacted and asked if a certain emblem was still available. When I told them that it was sold I got the old "then why don't you mark it sold like the others" I think this would be a better tool for us to use especially if there are four, five, or even more pages to your listing.
Bob

Not really, no. I can change the amount of time -- but really -- it used to be a week, and some people asked for longer time, so I made it 2. Now your asking for more time still.

Just mark the ad sold and make a new, revised ad when it gets to that point.

Well the only reason I asked is because when I advertise on a site like Craigslist my ad runs for 45 days, during that time I can edit, revise, add or delete anything in my ad and if I re-new it for another 45 days because I still have stuff to sell I can do everything over and over again until I delete the ad no matter how long my ad run's. Same thing when I sell on eBay I can revise my listing for as long as I want to run it. I just can't see cluttering up the site with two week old threads that can no longer be revised other than listing more updates at the bottom of the thread or by ending a thread and starting a new one because half of your items are sold and the other half are still available. I just thought that if it was an easy thing to do more members would update there ad's and make it a little easier to see what is still for sale and not clutter up your server with a bunch of threads that no longer serve a purpose. I have about eight more NOS emblems that I would like to list and thought it would be nice if I could still revise my original ad, remove the sold emblems along with there pictures and insert the new ones. Just a thought.
Bob

-
Back