Edit.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Im watching a low budget horor flick (Jack Frost) and come across this shot.

This is a pressure gauge on a liquid nitrogen tank.

20211202_093949.jpg

I know, I know. Its a movie.. but dang it. It SAYS RIGHT ON THE FRONT OF THE GAUGE... COMPRESSION TESTER...

In this scene the tanks are about to explode and the director lets us know that by showing us the rapidly rising needle on this gauge. The problem is to SHOW the rapidly rising needle YOU GOTTA ZOOM IN ON THE GAUGE...

:lol:

Im sure the prop master was like "yeah, easy peasy, just hook this babby up to some compressed air and presto! Instant gauge spike!"

The other guy in the room.

"Uh,
....... but it says right on it comp..."

"Shut the F up Bill. Know one knows what the F a "compression tester" is!"

Bill... uh ok boss....

:lol::rofl:

My grandfather had the dial from a stove on his Tv when I was a kid. 475 channels on a 8” Black and white with aluminum foil wrapped bunny ears.

Im watching a low budget horor flick (Jack Frost) and come across this shot.

This is a pressure gauge on a liquid nitrogen tank.

View attachment 1715829601

I know, I know. Its a movie.. but dang it. It SAYS RIGHT ON THE FRONT OF THE GAUGE... COMPRESSION TESTER...

In this scene the tanks are about to explode and the director lets us know that by showing us the rapidly rising needle on this gauge. The problem is to SHOW the rapidly rising needle YOU GOTTA ZOOM IN ON THE GAUGE...

:lol:

Im sure the prop master was like "yeah, easy peasy, just hook this babby up to some compressed air and presto! Instant gauge spike!"

The other guy in the room.

"Uh,
....... but it says right on it comp..."

"Shut the F up Bill. Know one knows what the F a "compression tester" is!"

Bill... uh ok boss....

:lol::rofl:
Did you watch the credits?
That same propmaster went on to become armorer in a little know flick called "rust"

Dang it.

I got a lot of good ones for that but I even softened the title out of respect and for the nature of this section of the forum.

Are baiting me DIY?

:poke::popcorn:

This is what a real compression tester looks like.
100_3771.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back