Educate me on clamping leaf springs

-

Dubob

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I am finally nearing the end of my journey on my Demon. I know I'm going to have to do some tuning on the suspension to get this thing anywhere near hooking. Currently the car has the 863,864 SS springs under it. Mostly the car will be street driven, with a strip run once or twice a year. I will admit that I'm ignorant about the subject of clamping and unclamping the leafs. I do understand the basic concept. So the basis of my question is after unclamping the rear segments, where and how many clamps are placed on the front? How tight are the clamps installed, leave a little room so the springs can flex? Which clamps, the u bolt style or the factory style? Bear with me please I'm trying to educate myself some. Thanks for all helpful input. Dubob.

On the front of spring, just use 2 flat bars 1/4 x 1.25 w holes drilled for bolts to clamp. On area close to tire wall, I welded the 2 flats together on tire side with bolt on other side to give most clearance for tire. Best to clamp near end of each leaf.

On the front of spring, just use 2 flat bars 1/4 x 1.25 w holes drilled for bolts to clamp. On area close to tire wall, I welded the 2 flats together on tire side with bolt on other side to give most clearance for tire. Best to clamp near end of each leaf.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is right. but it didn`t work on my old hemi car, I couldn`t keep the clamps in place. they moved around toward the sidewall of the slicks, and was afraid they`d cut the walls. the hemi was very violent w/ 002-003 s.s. springs tho. be careful if your car hooks w/ big tires that are close to the springs.

-
Back