Eek out a few horses

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Okay so I was flipping through the jegs catalog and drooling a bit but I stumbled on something. I am trying to get a few more horses not a lot just a little bit to offset the AC compressor. So here is my question. What jet should I use in my Holley 1920 for best performance? Second question will I feel anything with the HEI upgrade?

Okay so I was flipping through the jegs catalog and drooling a bit but I stumbled on something. I am trying to get a few more horses not a lot just a little bit to offset the AC compressor. So here is my question. What jet should I use in my Holley 1920 for best performance? Second question will I feel anything with the HEI upgrade?

JEG's has jets for 1920?

not sure about the carb, can't help ya there... but the HEI would be the best bang for the buck, if you do it your own way and not with a whole new coversion from mopar. then you can open up your plug gap to around .040 or so, should make a "notcieable" difference with good plug wires, blaster coil, and a step up on the jets. you might try and advance your timing a few degrees too. my dart has the old points setup, and always felt a little "retarded" in time, so a few weeks ago i advanced the timing a bit, it really helped it, i could barely notice on top end, but low end, and mid range improved a lot. i'm not sure how many degrees i put in it, i done it by ear, no start up issues or pinging issues.... there is one long slot in the dist. clamp, with 3 bigger cuts for the bolt head to sit on. mine was locked down in the center, which is probably 0 or somthing, one slot is advance, one slot is retarded, i'm guessing each slot is probably 5 or 10 degrees, anyways i put it in the advanced slot, then reset the idle, nice gain for 5 mins work, with no issues.

Not sure but they do list jets for Holley carbs I didn't look for model specificity. Just had thoughts in my head.

I'm pretty sure standard holley jets fit any holley ...

Check out the 1920 mod discussion in slantsix.org its in the
engine FAQ under carb repair and modification for the 1920.

-
Back