Eek! Sight Unseen Dart...

-
Welcome aboard, that is a very nice wagon AND Corvair. Dad had a red one with white vert top identical to yours when I was a young lad. 67?? He ended up having to sell it in tough times. Great little car!

....and he goosed it to get up to speed to merge in, the trans kicked down into 1st gear and when the engine got wound up he figured it was time to shift, he grabbed the shifter with the right hand and his left foot went straight down on the brake pedal and immediately launched my brother and i straight into the back of the front seats! My poor grandmother darn near smacked her head on the dash

roflmao

Well, with a new battery cable I got her started (to circulate a whole radiator full of antifreeze). It runs pretty well, considering that the gas in it could be any age at all. I'm sniffing/seeing some blue smoke in the exhaust, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions until I put a few hundred miles on it at least. The clutch has some pretty decent chattering going on, but, again, who knows how much this thing has sat around? It could be damp, or it could be bad. Either way, at least it's a moving vehicle. I drove it up and down the street, and figured out that there's no synchro on first. I was just about stopped, too. :) I'm at the point where I'm going to have to decide how much money I want to put into this thing. I'm not usually a full resto guy, so that's out. All my stuff is basically decent or pretty nice drivers. The undercarriage is good...two holes in the back floor around the drain plates. For Michigan, that's rust free. It's got a couple quarter patches coming through. The interior's scuzzy, but the seat covers should clean up OK. The headliner's good. The weatherstripping is all bad. The door panels are bad. It's basically the kind of car I always buy...I get it for a reasonable price, and then put way more than it's worth into it, and it's still not perfect. Oh well...gotta have fun somehow. :) I'll have questions in the early A body board shortly.

-
Back