EFI stacked injection for 383

-
There's a guy out there named Fran Olsen who converts vintage Hilborn systems. The company I work for supplies the electronics most of his customers use.

Quite a long link for his site:

http://foxengineering-efi-fuel-injection-hemi-gasser-mopar.com/index.html

What exactly are your goals with this? Build something of a more drivable car with a vintage dragster look? Or is it for a particular class of racing and you're more concerned with how much performance you can get and not how it looks?

You know it never crossed my mind to do a BB with 8 stacks sticking out the hood, until now that is. I think it would look cool and go like hell. Keep us informed if you decide to do it.

anyone out there ever ran or is running and what is there opinion on efi stacked injection from either kinsler or hilborn,ect...

I've done several from completely converting old Hilborns to buying new stack manifolds. The FAST XFI system works great with them.

I have several pictures of engines with stack injection on my web site under the Photos page ( you have to scroll down a little).
www.fastmanefi.com

A word of caution: you have to run sequential injection with a stack system in order to control the idle. There's not enough manifold volume for an untimed injection pulse. With bank-to-bank you get "pop back" through the plates.

A word of caution: you have to run sequential injection with a stack system in order to control the idle. There's not enough manifold volume for an untimed injection pulse. With bank-to-bank you get "pop back" through the plates.

That has not been our experience with bank to bank and independent runner intakes. Sequential can get a smoother and leaner idle, but you can still get a decent idle with bank to bank.

You know it never crossed my mind to do a BB with 8 stacks sticking out the hood, until now that is. I think it would look cool and go like hell. Keep us informed if you decide to do it.

You are so right, this is a Kinsler setup on a Pantera and the guy absolutely loves it!

Picture 053.jpg

-
Back