Efi to carb bronco swap

-

Penstarpurist

Reaction score
I've got this bronco I got in trade a few months or so ago. Its a 302 efi engine, fires right up, but runs rough. Gave it a tune up, runs ok, but then goes back to running really bad again. Fuel fouls plugs like crazy. Leaks oil at every seal and gasket. My dad got this wild hair he wants to get it to be a daily driver, wheeler. I told him, let's get it to run right in the rig, regasket it and go that route. He calls me up, saying he found a good running 302 in another junkyard bronco for $650. Its a carburetor with high rise intake, headers, etc. Really clean looking, the rig was t-boned as to why it's not on the road and in a junkyard. I'm just not sure if it is the right direction or if we should make the one we have work. He bought the engine anyway, so I guess we will use it. Then I started thinking about putting the efi engine in my little ranger truck as the crank is bad in it and my boys destroyed the transmission in it. What do you think about this swapping of engines? Not that I don't have more projects than time. I figured I could bracket race my duster next season and my wife could bracket the ranger. The ranger is a 98, the bronco an 86.

To clarify, the ranger 4 cylinder has the blown transmission and bad crank. Not the bronco. Lol.

-
Back