EGR block off

-

TheDeputy

Reaction score
I just bought a super six set-up, but it is equipped with EGR. Can I just take off the vacuum thing?
And what about the hole in the exhaust manifold, do I need to plug that off?

Thanks,

Antoon

You need to keep the gasket and make a block off plate to seal where the EGR vavle was,and then plug or remove the vacum system of the EGR,mrmopartech

After using the search button I now think I know how it works.
There are two holes in the end of the exhaust manifold where the vacuum actuator is mounted too. One of them connects to the exhaust side, and the other connects to the intake manifold side, and the vacuum actuator allows exhaust gasses to go from one hole to the other. Correct?

I thought I also needed to plug the hole in the intake manifold, as you look down into the holes where the carb sits on, but if it works like this there's no need to plug that hole.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Antoon

There are two holes in the end of the exhaust manifold where the vacuum actuator is mounted too.

Nope, the holes are in the intake manifold where the EGR valve (you are calling "vacuum actuator") is mounted.

One of them connects to the exhaust side, and the other connects to the intake manifold side, and the vacuum actuator allows exhaust gasses to go from one hole to the other. Correct?

EGR valve, but otherwise yes, correct.

You can either leave the EGR valve in place and just not hook it to anything, in which case it will never open, or if you want a cleaner underhood appearance, replace the valve with a blockoff plate p/n 3671 447 from the dealer. Use a new EGR valve gasket to seal it.

-
Back