Eldelbrock victor heads TTI 2 inch headers. HELP!!!

-

max512wedge

Reaction score
I have a 512 stroker motor with ported 906 heads in my 72 duster using TTI 2 inch headers and I’m switching to the eldelbrock victor heads. I got on the TTI website and it says they will fit my 72 duster with the victor heads. But i decided to call to make sure. I was told I would need an engine plate and the stock torsion bars would not work? Has anyone done this with the TTI 2 inch headers and victor heads? And what is involved to do this? I currently have Shumacher engine mounts. Thanks in advance guys!

If I’m reading this right I’ll only need a engine plate for my duster?

IMG_0678.png

We have routinely run motor plates with stock suspension for 50+ years.
Right! Just trying to find out why Victor heads and 2 inchTTI headers won’t fit in my duster? Hopefully someone has done it or tried and it didn’t work. I paid a good amount of money on these nice headers and not get to use them.

Right! Just trying to find out why Victor heads and 2 inchTTI headers won’t fit in my duster? Hopefully someone has done it or tried and it didn’t work. I paid a good amount of money on these nice headers and not get to use them.
Welcome to for a bodies only by the way.
I can't see why 2 inch headers on victors wouldn't work when 2.175 will work on trickflows & torsion bars. Hopefully you can find the answer but tti does say your torsion bars work with an engine plate.
You have a 400 base 512 ?

I can't see why 2 inch headers on victors wouldn't work when 2.175 will work on trickflows & torsion bars. Hopefully you can find the answer but tti does say your torsion bars work with an engine plate.
I have a 440 base 512

I have a 440 base 512
Okay, it says you just need to locate the engine with a plate if using torsion bars. So yes you're correct in post 2, I haven't actually done it with a 440 but tti is pretty clear with what works and doesn't. What type of oil pan do you use ?

You do have to pull your torsion bars for install and reinstall after headers are in.

That there would be fitment issues and I would need a plate to move the engine into place and that the tortion bar would not work? Maybe I need to call again tomorrow and talk to someone else

I run both the motor plate and mid plate, it stops some of the ping pong action of the engine when accelerating and decelerating. I also use a limiter on the side of the block, as this helps also.

I have a 512 stroker motor with ported 906 heads in my 72 duster using TTI 2 inch headers and I’m switching to the eldelbrock victor heads. I got on the TTI website and it says they will fit my 72 duster with the victor heads. But i decided to call to make sure. I was told I would need an engine plate and the stock torsion bars would not work? Has anyone done this with the TTI 2 inch headers and victor heads? And what is involved to do this? I currently have Shumacher engine mounts. Thanks in advance guys!
Update; If anyone goes this route with Victor heads and TTI 2 inch exhaust in a duster or dart. I got to talk to a tech at TTI this morning. This is what he said to do. Drop the engine in the car and bolt on to the transmission then put a jack under the engine and lower or raise until satisfied with clearance. Then use front motor plate to bolt in place and tighten transmission cross member. He said you don’t need to remove torsion bars? Also I wouldn’t need a midplate because the transmission cross member and front engine plate would be enough? And you need a stock size pitman arm. If anyone has done this with a RB 440 with victor heads and 2 inch TTI exhaust and stock front suspension. Please let me know if it was this easy. Thanks in advance guys

Mid plate is fairly simple, however I have a gutted 727 and a bare block I use for mock up. It takes some fabricating but
Competition engineering is for a centered engine but the way I did it was measured side to side and cut off what I didn't need on one side and welded it to the other side then made mounts.
It's not quite yet a finished product but here's a picture .

IMG_20230219_135632626_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230225_124013820_HDR.jpg

My application is a 416 small block, I just had the front plate in the beginning but I noticed it starting to bend from flexing. At that time the engine was an iron headed 408 that didn't have near the 625hp that my 416 has. I also used a later model biscuit transmission cross member.

My 68 GTS has TTI 2-1/8" 400-218's that I clearanced for straight plug heads (in this case Stealths). There is plenty of room everywhere exept at the oil pan rail. As a rule I always drop the center link and t bars to install headers. No fighting it and less of a chance to mess up the new ceramic coating.

My 68 GTS has TTI 2-1/8" 400-218's that I clearanced for straight plug heads (in this case Stealths). There is plenty of room everywhere exept at the oil pan rail. As a rule I always drop the center link and t bars to install headers. No fighting it and less of a chance to mess up the new ceramic
My 68 GTS has TTI 2-1/8" 400-218's that I clearanced for straight plug heads (in this case Stealths). There is plenty of room everywhere exept at the oil pan rail. As a rule I always drop the center link and t bars to install headers. No fighting it and less of a chance to mess up the new ceramic coating.
Thanks for the info I’ll probably end up dropping the torsion bars anyway. Just trying to figure out the easiest way to do it.

-
Back