Electic Antenna ?

-

Rbob

Reaction score
So I got tired of looking for / piecing together the original antenna, but I did get the original bezel that covers a big hole on my fender and with any luck it will work with the electric antenna I have coming.

I am keeping the stock radio so there is no blue wire to hook up the antenna to, so what do I do? I do not want an extra switch.

I was thinking I could take the radio apart and try to figure out how to hook an additional wire, just not sure if that is an option.

Any ideas?

It will depend how the antenna is made. Some will stop when they are "up". Some will try to keep going on and on and on. To find a wire to hook to, take off the covers (1/4" nut driver) and look to the back of the off/on volume control. The wire on the back are the power wires-the one that come out the side are the audio wires (leave them alone). With your volt meter probe the power wires with the power off but radio is still plugged in. One wire will have power. The other will go off/on with the radio switch. Thats were you want to tie in a wire for the relay (12 volt radio shack) to turn the antenna on/off

So easy a cave man could do it!
BlueAntennaWire.jpg

Did the antenna that you acquired work? If so, what was it off of, or a part number or source location?

I used a 44-PW22 from amazon.com and I am using my original antenna bezel and it was $30 including delivery. I have not installed it yet but looks to be strait forward install.

-
Back