electric duster

-

gregs75duster

Reaction score
Was going through some ebay ads and a guy has an Electric Duster for sale...price i think was around $19,000. Kinda interesting....Thoughts?

Weight transfer would be pretty awesome with all those batteries in the trunk and not much up front.

electric.jpg

OK, google the batteries... $$140-169 ea (you get a lot better deal buying all 26, but still.... If you spent 2600 rebuilding your smallblock and then it is silent and you can't hear your muscle car... hmmmm Also, when I had my golf car business, you would only get 3-3 1/2 years out of your batteries before you had to replace them... so, you can go 60 on the freeway for 30 minutes, then you have to turn around and go home and plug it back in....

I agree with Bayyum, I think it is a waste of a good car.

Something wrong with those pictures. The car is shown to be red, but the interior shots show green door jambs and a black hood. Hmmm.

ive got to have the v8 rumble and torque! there called muscle cars for a reason! no golf cart driving here! lol :bootysha:

electric power is fun and has its place... but not in a muscle car! The guy that used to do my electric motor work gave me the wrong set of field coils one time for a golf car, the owner had been complaining that it was slow.. after that, he called and said it was FAST but, he was scared to drive it in the parking lot it was so fast, and it bounced him out of the seat in the fairway.... LOL.

That guy is a member here. I remember his post about it a yr. or so back. Electric power is cool when done right and it can be very powerful too. I worked on electronic control systems on electric forklifts for several yrs. so it is interesting to me but as with anything it's in what you like. The only thing about this conversion that doesn't seem very good is the pitiful 40-50 mile range. That's nothing IMO. I'd never do a conversion that wouldn't go 100 miles minimum.

BTW: Did anybody ever see the S10 on Pass time that was electric powered and ran in the 11's?

-
Back