Electric Fan and Shroud Combo

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an electric fan and shroud combo that works really well? I'm curious what brand it is and where they can be purchased at. I neen one to fit a 68 Dart 340 with a 22" radiator. Thanks Jeff

Northern makes them for their aluminum radiators. A 22" one should work with your radiator if you make brackets.

What is full name for this Norhern radiators? Thanks Jeff

I've got the Ford Taurus two speed fan and an electronic controller that works absolutely fantastic. It moves a lot of air! The controller works the fan to the necessary level. Fits the radiator in early A-bodies easily too!

just ordered my radiator , electric fan with shroud and wiring kit for it , cant wait to get it in

just got my new northern dual fan shroud combo in and tried it out, all i can say yeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! it worked great i have the northern radiator and i tried my old electric fan with no shroud, guess what, if you turned it on when car hit 180 it would do ok until you hit a hill,heavy traffic, or under load, then 200 and above here we come. then i ordered the fan shroud kit that matched my radiator, wired it in and mounted, it fit great, plenty of room between water pump pulley and fans, started my car and let the thermastat open and turned the fan on keep it 180ish easy, so then i thought i'll see if its going to work at higher temps so i let the temp get up to about 205 and flipped the switch, a minute later it was going down and on down, it went down past 180, i figured good enough for me it, the radiator and thermastat were working wonderful together. now this is just my first test with it but my first results for me are great, if it works like this in traffic and summer heat i'll be happy. had tried other fan and radiator set ups and couldn't get one to perform the way i wanted. either way i would give the northern fans a 2 thumbs up:thumrigh:

-
Back