Electric fan and shroud

-

nickmimi

Reaction score
I would like to ask for suggestions on an electric fan and shroud combo. It has the stock radiator and what I believe is an aftermarket a/c unit. It is for a 1967 Dodge Dart. Thanks

I've been back and forth on electric fan for years... always just stuck with traditional belt driven fan. I have recently installed a clutch fan setup in which works really good.
It would be my luck if I had a e-fan something would go wrong and I wouldn't be paying attention ... within no time my engine would be fried. Maybe rig up a idiot light that would flash when the fan isn't working. lol
Can't remember who it was on here but it happened to them... said he would never use a e-fan as primary cooling again.
I do have a e-fan in front of my Griffin rad just as a back up however with the thicker rad I have never had any high temps.
I do know that for a certain size engine you need to have a certain size CFM e-fan for optimum cooling.

If you are set on an electric do it once and use the Ferd Contour fans with the thermostatic controller.

If you are set on an electric do it once and use the Ferd Contour fans with the thermostatic controller.
I just installed an electric fan from a 97 Ford contour in the 68 Barracuda, it is a nice fit,
The dual fan assembly with the shroud and motor wiring connectors was 29.00 at the local pull a part. Disassembled the motors from the shroud, scrubbed it with purple power, then shined it with armor all, looks brand new.
There is a posting here on fabo that goes through the wiring/thermo set up, if it does not get linked here soon, I’ll dig it out and post it.

I just installed an electric fan from a 97 Ford contour in the 68 Barracuda, it is a nice fit,
The dual fan assembly with the shroud and motor wiring connectors was 29.00 at the local pull a part. Disassembled the motors from the shroud, scrubbed it with purple power, then shined it with armor all, looks brand new.
There is a posting here on fabo that goes through the wiring/thermo set up, if it does not get linked here soon, I’ll dig it out and post it.

Cool, that'll work.
Thanks

Cool, that'll work.
Thanks
here is the FABO post that goes into detail on the Contour fan,
the parts list / wiring is in the attachment in this attachment

26" Radiator electric fan mods. What fits?

as I mentioned previously, I just did this fan install in a slant - 68 Barracuda with a 24 inch Champion radiator.
Slant motors are challenged for space between the radiator and the water pump nose and the contour fan assembly is fairly narrow and fits with room to spare.
The shroud is a perfect fit top to bottom, but is about 2 inches wider than the radiator.
I bolted aluminum flat stock to the champion radiator shroud mounts facing outward, then bolted the Contour shroud to the aluminum flat stock, using the shroud mounts on the Contour shroud.

Last edited:
here is the FABO post that goes into detail on the Contour fan,
the parts list / wiring is in the attachment in this attachment

26" Radiator electric fan mods. What fits?

as I mentioned previously, I just did this fan install in a slant - 68 Barracuda with a 24 inch Champion radiator.
Slant motors a challenged for space between the radiator and the water pump nose and the contour fan assembly is fairly narrow and fits with room to spare.
The shroud is a perfect fit top to bottom, but is about 2 inches wider than the radiator.
I bolted aluminum flat stock to the champion radiator shroud mounts facing outward, then bolted the Contour shroud to the aluminum flat stock, using the shroud mounts on the Contour shroud.

2BE86FF0-1BFA-42C3-BFDD-CC316FB0349D.jpeg

3EB735B5-9D37-4C68-BA0D-035E60AC8B7E.jpeg

-
Back