Electric fuel pump and mechanical ?

-

73dart360

Reaction score
Can you still use a mechanical fuel pump while running an electric i was wondering because i knocked a wire off my electric pump and it would not start so i assumed there was no longer a mechanical pump .

Yes you can. I went to NAPA and they have a diagram from a motor home fuel pump set up. You need to by pass around the electric. ayaou need some "T's" and hose. I'll see if I can find my diagram tomorow.If I can't find it I'll get my fat *** under the car and take a pic and write down what is there.

Not sure, but I believe the original question was if you could run both. I don't think that's a good idea. The electric can produce enough pressure to damage the diaphragm in the mechanical pump. So it's one or the other.

As for "knocking the wire off" I suggest using areospace logic on crucial items like that: Create the best connection you can and protect it from damage. Triple overkill on something is good if you don't want to be fixing it on the road, which usually happens at night, in the rain, and when it's COLD out.

-
Back