Electric Fuel Pump Mounting

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Just looking for ideas for mounting an electric fuel pump on the rear frame rail. Can you folks post pictures of how you did it?

Did you guys use some sort of rubber isolator mounts?

My pump came with rubber mounting grommets to the bracket, but it could actually still use another kind of isolator between the bracket and frame rail.
It seems kind of loud, but I can't hear it with the engine running.
The one I have is a Carter rotary vane style and running a return system with it.

My only concern is if I use something like this, what happens if breaks? Since it's mounted vertically, I'd imagine the shear force driving over bumps wouldn't be too kind to it after a while. I wish they made a style like a miniature spool mount or something.

!B0nhY9gBGk~$(KGrHqUOKkUEw)uNmK6JBMbD+5,+jg~~_35.jpg

Those are the mounts Aeromotive sells. Mine have been in service for over a decade.

I like them a little tougher, I buy a HD universal muffler clamp grind off the rivets and use the 2 rubber pieces to mount the pump

35417.jpg

I like them a little tougher, I buy a HD universal muffler clamp grind off the rivets and use the 2 rubber pieces to mount the pump

View attachment 1715054269

Those little suckers are expensive.:D
One thing I found when I mounted my pump that there was an amazing amount of line to body noise transfer.
I insulated the fuel line from the body with foam pipe insulation and that helped quite a bit.

i used those also for a decade now.Very tiny with M6 threads. Pump was hanging on 3 of them next to the Frame Close to the rear axle.

But now i Change the Position of the pump because I have a sump in my tank now and will move more to the rear. Somewhere in the Corner between Frame at the rear end and the opening for the spare tire. Tight spot... will use the same rubber Mounts but a bit stronge with M8 threads..... yeah, I am metric :)

-
Back