Electric Fuel Pump

-

440dartsport

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Holley HP 150 electric pump? My electric pump is out the door and I need to step up the fuel system. I'm running a fuel cell with 1/2" fuel line to the carb. I am looking for advice as to what is a good reliable fuel pump to run. Holley HP or Aeromotive? This is on a 750 hp street/strip car. Thanks in advance.

why don't you move up with the big boys and get a magna fuel -holley's are for chebbie guy's--magna fuel even have one in purple to match some peoples cars-and they make small blocks run with big blocks sometimes(that is when we choose to throw the switch on) really all you had was a holley 150 in that thing shame on you--Steve a.k.a swifter

I suppose you only have -6 line too right??? your starving that motor dude--

I have a cheap summit pump and filter in it with -8 line from the cell to the carb. I think i'm going to order all Aeromotive stuff. 150gph pump, 100 micron canister pre filter and 10 micron inline filter between the pump and regulator.

I have a cheap summit pump and filter in it with -8 line from the cell to the carb. I think i'm going to order all Aeromotive stuff. 150gph pump, 100 micron canister pre filter and 10 micron inline filter between the pump and regulator.

I'm running all Aeromotive, as well... A1000 with their bypass regulator. I do need to put on another canister post pump, however. -8 steel, and braided lines.

Does anyone have any experience with the Holley HP 150 electric pump? My electric pump is out the door and I need to step up the fuel system. I'm running a fuel cell with 1/2" fuel line to the carb. I am looking for advice as to what is a good reliable fuel pump to run. Holley HP or Aeromotive? This is on a 750 hp street/strip car. Thanks in advance.

I ran 1 single aeromotive 11203 SS pump and went 9's with it no problem.... I have 2 now only cause I am gonna run a split system :burnout:

I've been leaning towards a Mallory 250. It's way more than I need, but would like more than their 140. The 250 has the option of a bypass/return line directly from the pump as opposed to running a line all the way back from a bypass/return regulator. Helps efficiency, life and keeps fuel temps down. It's a gerotor design for quieter operation. Click on their "instructions" button for more details. I'm sure the cost would be less from Summit, Jegs, etc.

http://mallory-ignition.com/electric-fuel-pump-250gph.html

Brian--The noise tells you its working or you need louder exhaust---Steve

i have the hp150 on my 568hp smallblock w/150 shot of nitrous on top of that,works great but the regulator that comes with it needs to be upgraded,8an line all the way to carb,16 gallon cell,drive it several times a week,even drove 4 hours to mopar madness a few weeks ago,good choice imho

Brian--The noise tells you its working or you need louder exhaust---Steve

My pump that i'm running now is extremely loud. You can't hear it when the car is running but I was just curious as to how much noise these better pumps make. I just ordered all the Aeromotive stuff. Another $600 later it should be ready to :burnout: again.

I've been leaning towards a Mallory 250. It's way more than I need, but would like more than their 140. The 250 has the option of a bypass/return line directly from the pump as opposed to running a line all the way back from a bypass/return regulator. Helps efficiency, life and keeps fuel temps down. It's a gerotor design for quieter operation. Click on their "instructions" button for more details. I'm sure the cost would be less from Summit, Jegs, etc.

http://mallory-ignition.com/electric-fuel-pump-250gph.html

Supposedly, in theory, the best place for the supply/return transition is as close to the carburetor as possible. It is all I have ever read and seen and done. Something about the fuel being cooler since the carb is basically the transition point from supply to return. It's on the Barry Grant website and has been in countless magazine articles I have read through the years. It is also the way I run my own systems and they work well.

Of course, it may all be bullshit, too. LOL

magna fuel make some nice stuff, same with aeromotive. that being said I have seen guys run 9's all day for years with a single holley blue pump. the best pump in the world wont help if you don't have the lines and regulator to support your needs.

I have a old holley volumax pump with dual inlets and its much quitter than the blue, red or black pumps.

-
Back