Electric guitar...

-
Lynch is good I saw Dokken in Feb of 23 he was there with lynch mob.
He is in Illinois often. We go to the small venues with good sound...usually repurposed movie theaters or opera houses. The Arcada is one of the best Venues in Illinois. The owner of the Arcada also had a place called Rock and Ravioli. It was a really small venue but well done. We saw George at both venues a few times. The best show was probably at Tailgaters in Bollingbrook. THe early Lynch Mob band with double neck shredder Michael Angelo Batio...That guy is wicked on the Dean V double neck. It might be a tie...Lynch mob and Steelheart at Mables in Champaign rocked!

Did you ever haer Prince do that tribute While my guitar gently weeps? No comparison to George but I didn't know he played so well. He starts around 3:30 seconds in until it ends.

WTF? That is sick!
Michael Angelo Batio - Wikipedia This is his BIO. I used to go watch him as he grew up 80 miles from me. He often played small bars in the Chicago land area. A large part of his career was in Europe so he might not be as well known in the states even though he is certainly one of the best of the best at what he does. If you ever get the chance to see him before he retires it's worth it.

Since there seem to be a few les Paul fans here, let me tell this story again

One of my close friends is a pretty decent guitar player (he actually played at my wedding)

He had a couple of different guitars including a slightly battered les Paul

Having done some research he found a guy who supposedly knew les personal and should be able to properly rehab his guitar with the proper hardware and such

So, my buddy send his guitar out to this guy and waited
And waited
And waited

And after almost a year he had almost given up on ever seeing the guitar again, when a box showed up at his doorstep

Taped to the top of the box was an evelop and when he opened it, there was a letter in it

In the letter, the guy who had restored my buddies guitar was very apologetic, said he had a hard time finding some of the hardware, but he hoped the surprise would make up for the delay

When my buddy opened the box this is what the guitar looked like

Appearantly, the guy really did know Les Paul personally and one day Les happened to visit him in his shop

He showed Les my buddies guitar and expressed to him how frustrated he was that it took him so long to finish it

So Les himself decided to sign the guitar before the clear coat went on

I believe this was back in 07 or 08

123_1.jpeg

123_1(1).jpeg

Just noticed this thread... i played guitar for 30 years before switching to drums (wish i had started with drums.. love them soo much more...) Have my '74 SG sitting in a case for the last decade that i bought in '88 and 1 amp left.. one day they will go.
My favorite guitarist will always be Rory though...

Just noticed this thread... i played guitar for 30 years before switching to drums (wish i had started with drums.. love them soo much more...) Have my '74 SG sitting in a case for the last decade that i bought in '88 and 1 amp left.. one day they will go.
My favorite guitarist will always be Rory though...

If you ever want to take a loss on that SG, let me know

My boy would love to have one, one day

If you ever want to take a loss on that SG, let me know

My boy would love to have one, one day

Naw.. the problem is it's a beater but it plays amazing and has mojo... mojo isn't worth money to anyone else.. so it will sit:) I loan it to a friend to plays it in church now and then.. has a Rio Grande bridge pickup.. they made amazing pickups but are gone now :(

My amp i have is a 70 princeton reverb i gutted back in the 80s and put in 50w Traynor transformers, el34s and a 12" speaker... rebuild like a mesaboogie.. it's a beast..

Naw.. the problem is it's a beater but it plays amazing and has mojo... mojo isn't worth money to anyone else.. so it will sit:) I loan it to a friend to plays it in church now and then.. has a Rio Grande bridge pickup.. they made amazing pickups but are gone now :(

My amp i have is a 70 princeton reverb i gutted back in the 80s and put in 50w Traynor transformers, el34s and a 12" speaker... rebuild like a mesaboogie.. it's a beast..
No worries, I totally get that

He got hired on as an instructor at the place he trains at, so I have no doubt he will be able to pick one up himself soon enough, and it will mean so much more to him

No worries, I totally get that

He got hired on as an instructor at the place he trains at, so I have no doubt he will be able to pick one up himself soon enough, and it will mean so much more to him
that's awesome! i hope he buys a Schecter and avoids Gibson.. their QC is absolute **** now especially for what they charge, i would rather own a epiphone...
This guy bought a $2800 gibson and it was a POS... for that money it should have a gloryhole.... (he does good honest videos)

Schecter though puts out amazing stuff at a good price..

that's awesome! i hope he buys a Schecter and avoids Gibson.. their QC is absolute **** now especially for what they charge, i would rather own a epiphone...
This guy bought a $2800 gibson and it was a POS... for that money it should have a gloryhole.... (he does good honest videos)

Schecter though puts out amazing stuff at a good price..

Thanks, I'll watch those when I get a moment

I can't remember his name but there is a kid in Australia that is a awesome guitar player and at his age I think that he's already right behind Eddie Van Halen. Enter 16 year old guitar player in Australia and enjoy the show. I'm sure that you will not be disappointed.

I LOVE my 2012 Schecter Sunset Deluxe FR!

I thought nothing could pry my fingers from my beloved '86 Charvel model 2.

I was wrong. The neck is almost identical....and there's the Floyd.

My third guitar in 1990 was almost a pawn shop 1974 Gibson SG left hand.

I intended to string it right and play it upside down and backwards like Jimi Hendrix.

That guitar sat at that shop for a few years, but back then I couldn't really justify the $400 they were asking.

I LOVE my 2012 Schecter Sunset Deluxe FR!

I thought nothing could pry my fingers from my beloved '86 Charvel model 2.

I was wrong. The neck is almost identical....and there's the Floyd.

My third guitar in 1990 was almost a pawn shop 1974 Gibson SG left hand.

I intended to string it right and play it upside down and backwards like Jimi Hendrix.

That guitar sat at that shop for a few years, but back then I couldn't really justify the $400 they were asking.
I paid $500 for a Strat in 1989 it was alot of money back then so I know how you felt about $400 in 1990. I still have the guitar a Fender Japan Contemporary Standard Stratocaster in black. Amazingly enough its still worth $500 all day in todays money but I'd guess the buying power of $500 in 1989 is about $1500 now so...

He is in Illinois often. We go to the small venues with good sound...usually repurposed movie theaters or opera houses. The Arcada is one of the best Venues in Illinois. The owner of the Arcada also had a place called Rock and Ravioli. It was a really small venue but well done. We saw George at both venues a few times. The best show was probably at Tailgaters in Bollingbrook. THe early Lynch Mob band with double neck shredder Michael Angelo Batio...That guy is wicked on the Dean V double neck. It might be a tie...Lynch mob and Steelheart at Mables in Champaign rocked!
I didn't know this but the owner of Dean guitars plays the bass and he was in the band with Michael Angelo Batio in Bollingbrook. I guess that explains how he gets all the wild guitars!

I paid $500 for a Strat in 1989 it was alot of money back then so I know how you felt about $400 in 1990. I still have the guitar a Fender Japan Contemporary Standard Stratocaster in black. Amazingly enough its still worth $500 all day in todays money but I'd guess the buying power of $500 in 1989 is about $1500 now so...

My model 2 has held it's value, too.

It was $500 new in 1987 (an 86 model), and is worth about that now.
Those first gen MIJ Charvels were and still are nice.

After waiting 2 weeks for them to ship my guitar, they canceled my order

So I went with a British guitar called "Harlem X"
(I figured, if the greatest metal band in history is British, maybe me playing a British guitar might help)

I absolutely love the way this thing looks, and fits in my legs when I play, feel very natural

Fit and finish seems better than the glarey I wad going for, but I do think the sunburst finish on the glarry is awesome (the X only comes in black, it looks like)

(The glarry is my boys guitar, my axe is on the left)

20240418_141042.jpg

-
Back