electric in line fuel pump

-

Muscley MOPAR

Reaction score
anyone got any ideas on what i should run on my 360 motor for a reasonable high volume inline electric fuel pump needs to feed 500 plus horse theres all kinds of them in summit nd jegs just tryin to narrow it down

What are you looking at? Are you going to run a return line? you'll need one for a inline pump. If not what youll need is a low pressure external pump. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-95H/

Ive been eye balling a weldon a-1000 pump for one of my projects. They flow enough for 1300hp and are priced in the $380 range. I know it more than your looking for but you can never have to much.

here is a refurbished one for sale on ebay for less
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WELDON-1100...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ca35600a&vxp=mtr

which ever way your going to need at least a 255lph or 80gph pump for you HP goals

Use the search feature.Racers forum,LXGuy did a good thread on this.

I am using a holley electric pump ( Blue ) that puts out 5-7 psi and have had no problems , they also make a red that pumps out considerately more and requires a regulator and the regulator has two outlets for either a dual 4 or dual feed into one carb .

I am using a holley electric pump ( Blue ) that puts out 5-7 psi and have had no problems , they also make a red that pumps out considerately more and requires a regulator and the regulator has two outlets for either a dual 4 or dual feed into one carb .

Correction: The red pump is the mildest version, no regulator required. The black is the "race" pump, blue is the "street/strip" pump, both require regulators.

The Holley blue will feed ~550hp, I used one for a long time up until about a month ago when I upgraded to the Holley black pump. Just FYI, these pumps are a little noisy.

I also used the blue pump for about 12 years with no problems. (same pump) I did upgrade to a bg regulator though. If you run 1/2 inch line with the regulator that comes with a Holley blue pump it's flowing through a 3/8 internal gutted regulator. The regulator that comes with the black pump is a true 1/2 inch though.

aeromotive seems to be a good pump but they are noisey as hell....i guess most are

-
Back