Electrical upgrade

-

73dust340

Reaction score
Ok guys, based on the advice of some of you helpful folk, I've gone and purchased an EZ 21 circuit harness. I also decided that it's time to upgrade the gauges as well. I'll be using some Ultra-Lite II's. I've got everything together that I think I'll need, but since others have already upgraded using this harness, I'm asking for any documentation or advice that you guys have to make this go as smoothly as possible. Pictures, notes, anything would be much appreciated.

My car is a 73 Duster with 4 speed transmission. Alternator is 60 Amp (I think).

Was messing around under the dash while removing interior and pulled down some relays. One has numbers 3588587 and 36033-K. The other has 3488904, 93596-A, and 0253.

I believe the first is the horn relay (my car doesn't have a horn yet).
The other, I have no idea. Anyone know what it is?

There are wires coming out from my seat belt bases and going who knows where. What the heck are these for? I don't think I'm going to hook them back up.

Also looking for a diagram or something for the light and wiper switches as well as heater controls if anyone has them.

if you cant get them on line, i get them at the public library all the time. It will have to be a main library but it works for me and your life will be a lot easier with it.

I've got a phone book size manual with diagrams, but it's like reading Egyptian. These diagrams are so busy, and don't really tell you which pin is which. Oh well, I'll figure that mess out when I get it all apart.

I've got most of the EZ harness figured out (I hope), but there are two wires that I'm not sure about still. They're "Backup Power" and "Left Backup". I'm guessing that they go to the backup switch on my transmission (A-833).

Along this line, how is the clutch taken into account for starting the car? Is there any protection against starting the car while in gear with this harness?

The start in gear safety is a switch on the clutch pedal.It gives the starter relay coil a ground through a dark green wire.You can identify the relays by the color of the wires with that egyptian bible you need to learn how to read.

from what ive seen the wires from the seats are a safty that run back 2 a relay or switch that doesnt let ur duster turn on unless you have ur seatbelt on...good way to make you use the seatbelt...or fast way 2 piss ppl off and make then rewire ****...i know some1 rewired my duster to bypass the switch.

73dust340, i need your email address, i might have a schematic that will help you....

-
Back