[Found!] Electronic ign distributor for /6

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one, but it's in a running parts car so I'm not crazy about selling it outright. If you have a points unit you'd like to trade plus some cash I'd be willing to discuss the deal. PM me if interested.

Hell I bought a reman BB electronic distributor from AutoZone a few years back for $40. Any chance you checked them out?

I have some rebuilt ones what year do you want?
I would need I believe from 73 up.
Hell I bought a reman BB electronic distributor from AutoZone a few years back for $40. Any chance you checked them out?
The one I have is a reman and the shaft has a bend in it its already eaten 2 rotors

I just did one think it is a 74, let me check. It is totally rebuilt and run on a dist machine asking $75 and the ride, you have to watch the rebuilts from parts stores for sure they are kind of one fits all and the curves are usually whatever was in them at the time of rebuilding then no tag to tell you what it was from.

looks like a 72, has a new vac advance on it also, last electronic I have done, prob have some others as cores have to check.
DSC01772.JPG

I thought I saw Rock Auto or someone had "New" not reman ones? I have a cheapo reman right now and its working but......

Unfortunately they are made overseas, I am not saying they are not good though.

It is hit or miss from the parts stores, some work great in the car some not so good. I am not sure what they check when rebuilding them but a bent shaft is really bad, prob the bushings are out of tolerance, I have seen my share of them and usually just toss them unless it is something special then I will put new bushings in and it fixes the issues.
The biggest issue I see in the cores I get is no one ever oils them at a cap and rotor change and the advance cam is frozen, That little felt on the top of the cam is there for a few drops of oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back