electronic ingnition

-

kittypancake

Reaction score
I wanna switch to electronic ignition. Has anyone used the Pertronix Ignitor II? Any other suggestions?

New components may not help much if the distributer is worn badly. Years ago I bought points, etc,. for my \6 and it still ran poorly. A reman'd distributer came with all those parts. Result was like dipping the old girl in the fountain of youth.
Valve adjust, carb kit, and everything else had had done didn't make nearly as much differnce as the distributer. My .02 Hope it helps

Well said RedFish, a rebuilt distributor made mine wake up and start with just a quick turn of the key. Pertronix is used by a few members here and my brother and I put it on an old furd and was an easy instal
Me, well I went with the Mopar ecu and a new electronic distributor.
But like I said I have herd good things on the Pertronix system :cheers:

Attachments

• Picture%20222%20005.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Picture%20222%20092.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 154
  • electronicignition.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 145
Got a Pertronix on mine. Easy install. No fuss, no muss. Don't even think about it any more. Forgot it was there. Dennis

Just remember to up grade to the correct coil with the Ignitor II. I have both I and II in my cars for at least 10 years with no problems.Still carry the points stuff in the trunk for back up but never needed them so far....

-
Back