electronic torqflight overdrive controller

-

cudaman51

Reaction score
Hi has anyone played around with industryal plc controllers to control one of these late 90s truck or van transmissions.I think i mite be able to do it once I find out what kind of data the transmission needs.The procesors can be had cheep.I suppose you would need a throtle position and tach or crank sensor to input the procesor.Any input would be appreciated.

they only need two 12 V signals, why complicate it with uP garbage? PATCO (I think that is spelled right) sells an all analog controller that senses speed and and i think vacuum to shift 500/518 into OD , cheap and simple. it also controls lock up converter ; supposedly better than stock computer does.

I have stock 4.0 L JEEP with this trans, it gets confused, often trying to lock converter just as shifting into OD or shifting into third. Depends on throttle position somehow.When it a happens you get sort of a double herky jerky shift.

good part = 250 K on trans, no problems except needs filter change ~ every 60 K, after first 120k. don't do that, it slips on 2-3 shift. All it is, is overall low line pressure due to filter slowing down oil to pump . many must get "rebuilt" for no reason..

-
Back