Elephant ear mounts

-

GTSDustin

Reaction score
I'm using elephant ear mounts in my cuda and using a four speed. I need to make a strut mount somehow to keep the motor from moving forward when i push in the clutch. Have any of you done this and if so could I get some advice on how you made it and mounted it. Its got a hemi too by the way so room is very limited. Thanks all!

fab something up from the motor mounts on the block down to the frame going to the rear of the car and that will hold the motor in place. get some spacers and cut to length between the tabs on the block, bolt em in place and get some one inch square tubing or round tubing and cut to length and run down to the frame and weld it on.

I saw this on the restored Herb McCandless P/S Demon. As I recall it ran from the right front of the motor to the K-member so as to prevent clutch linkage mis-alignment with the heavy spring pressure they were using back then. I don't know with today's technolgy if that's really needed. You may want to to check with some guys on "Classracer.com" that run stick cars & get their take on it. I'm sure it's all dependent on your presureplate set-up, hp, just WHAT your car's doing, etc.

Jegs sells what you are looking for. It is called an engine limiter or motor plate strut. Look in the chassis section and they are listed in the motor mount area. Comp Eng and Jegs make them. I used one with my elephant ears. I used my pass. side stock engine mount. I drilled out the center hole a little, inserted the tube and welded it to the mount. Try to keep the strut rod as level as poss. I welded it to the K member.

-
Back