Elite vintage auto

-

slowdown

Reaction score
I've been looking at this site for a rear axle, has anyone here delt with this place?
I got a Dana 60 I was going to work on this winter but after coming across this site I'm thinking
I am going to just order one from them an be done with it. Any reviews. Thanks...

I KNOW THIS IS A OLD THREAD and i want anyone who uses this guy to beware ..... i have used joe balboa aka elite vintage auto on my 1965 dodge with a mild 451 4 speed combo his shop is in melbourne fla and shows up on craigs list out of coco fla and has a few other names also ---- i payed joe to remove a narrowed 83/4 mopar rear and replace with a dana 60 first problem is he welded one of the coil over mount in the wrong place and tried to pass this mistake off as ok --2nd problem the pretty welds where the ladder bar was welded to the dana housing failed.. thank god i noticed before drove the car hard... could have killed me.. he also installed manual disc brakes on all 4 corners complete from scratch... PEDAL WAS LOW AND SPONGY.. had to pay another shop who replaced the master and proportional valve and all new brake lines again now the brakes work perfect... he also installed lower control are bushings i ask him please if any other parts are not fresh let me know as i want to do this 1 time as correctly as possible... i take the dodge it for a alignment and both lower balljoints are real sloppy( who does this ?... after all this...within a hundred miles the dana starts howling bad and i notice gear oil leaking fro the front seal . i call him he trys to blame me (wrong break in procedure ) but when pick the car up a month earlier he drives the car I'm in the passenger seat he dumps the clutch hard and power shifts it hard ....break in period ? i will say this he did come out to my house 2 hours away from his shop and trailer the car and work on the dana again ..now within a 100 miles the dana howles loud ..he says from hard mounts NO RUBBER ETC LADDER BARS ETC I HAVE BEEN NICE AS I CAN AND HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS ... i call text and email no reply .... BEWARE

-
Back