elkhart indiana living there?

-

davejc6

Reaction score
I'm not trying to insult anyone.

My daughter grew up in So. Cal. and she meet a Marine and now she is thinking of moving to Elkhart indiana.

What is the town like? Any jobs? Good place to live? Weather? and so on.

Cheers,

All I know about it is they have a big go Karting event there each year :)

The town and area have been devastated by the housing crash and recession with a very high unemployment rate. The dominate industries are manufactured housing, furniture and automotive which have been hit hard. Positives would be affordable housing and living cost (if you have a job) and pleasant country/rural Indiana country side. Weather is hot muggy summers and long cold winters.

I'm not trying to insult anyone.

My daughter grew up in So. Cal. and she meet a Marine and now she is thinking of moving to Elkhart indiana.

What is the town like? Any jobs? Good place to live? Weather? and so on.

Cheers,

ok this is weird...

i heard on 98 KUPD yesterday that some lady met a military guy and she was going to move to indiana...

the host was from near the small town she might go and he said DONT!!! there is nothing there!

I had a friend who lived (lives) in elkhart. When the recession was in full swing, he lost his business, job, everything except his house. Ever since then he has had trouble finding steady work, and from the way he talked, things are a little more pricey there than here.
-Will

-
Back