email provider suggestions

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
In the process of switching providers(from Wildblue satellite to Verizon). I have read that I will lose my wildblue email(provided by google but not a gmail address)immediately when I cancel, and am looking for suggestions for a email provider. Gmail(spam filter seems to work pretty good), yahoo, msn?
Thanks
Aaron

You say Verizon, do you mean Frontier? Verizon was bought out by Frontier.

If so just use their email, it's what I use and it works fine. I use Microsoft Office Outlook to receive and send mail and it works flawlessly with Frontier, just a matter of setting up the connection properly.

Only problem with Google Mail is they read all of your mail and set you up for spam.

gmail is the way to go. TONS of free storage, and you can have 5 accounts if you want. The ads that gmail generates do not appear in your in-box. There are places on most sites that you visit that have 'banner' ads, sorta like the ones you see here on FABO, like the one at the top / bottom of this page. The ads are supposedly custom tailored to things you might be interested in. I never look at those ads, I never have, never will.

I see and do alot of this stuff as part of my job and Gmail is by far the best of the free email accounts. (well, besides having your own domain with email)

I agree it's probably the best free one going. I just don't like the fact they openly admit to reading personal emails for advertising purposes.

I agree it's probably the best free one going. I just don't like the fact they openly admit to reading personal emails for advertising purposes.

The others do it too. (As well as selling email addresses to Ad servers)
Google admits it up front. :D

That's really the only difference there.
I will say that I have had less junk mail with google than anything besides my domain email.

Did find and setup my Verizon email, and setup a gmail account,not sure which I will use as my main account. I am really digging the new speed. I can come here and view a thread with heavy picture content and halfof the pics don't come up as a box with a red x.

-
Back